OT Eazydraw very cheap right now (on the App Store)

To all:

I think a lot of on this mail list would be interested in a review from an Intaglio user who has switched to Easy Draw. What does Intaglio have that EasyDraw doesn’t?
What does EAayDraw have that Intaglio doesn’t? Comments on learning curve, stability, etc, would be welcome. As more time passes, it appears increasingly difficult to believe that author Nick might come to our rescue so we must look for alternates.

Any one out there who can help us?

Jack

On Aug 7, 2021, at 2:51 PM, Sam Liones email@hidden wrote:

I like your post.

eazydraw crack

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

EazyDraw (not EasyDraw, would have been nice if this was the spelling) is much more powerful and it almost goes without saying more difficult to use. I bought it several months ago and used a bit but haven’t had a need as of late. If it’s really $15 give it a try. And it can import Intaglio drawings via an export to SVG. I forget how, but I think it’s here in another thread. Do it while you still can use Intaglio. Note that this thread is mostly 10 years old and I think the product has grown since then. And people now are willing to pay rather than use a crack.

My main use case is plans for our existing house and occasional small dimensioned projects. EazyDraw feels a bit more like a proper CAD program.

Nick is not coming back, nor is the program (If you believe otherwise I’ve got a bridge to sell). A couple of years ago I found some reference to him somewhere as a software engr. He’s abandoned the website. This site exists AFAIK because of softpress, not Intaglio.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Greg, Sorry about the typo. EasyDraw in not $15.00. This is the current price list:
$139 with Manual

$119 on USB stick

$95 for download

$20 for 9 month subscription

Jack

On Aug 7, 2021, at 8:41 PM, Greg email@hidden wrote:

EazyDraw (not EasyDraw, would have been nice if this was the spelling) is much more powerful and it almost goes without saying more difficult to use. I bought it several months ago and used a bit but haven’t had a need as of late. If it’s really $15 give it a try. And it can import Intaglio drawings via an export to SVG. I forget how, but I think it’s here in another thread. Do it while you still can use Intaglio. Note that this thread is mostly 10 years old and I think the product has grown since then. And people now are willing to pay rather than use a crack.

My main use case is plans for our existing house and occasional small dimensioned projects. EazyDraw feels a bit more like a proper CAD program.

Nick is not coming back, nor is the program (If you believe otherwise I’ve got a bridge to sell). A couple of years ago I found some reference to him somewhere as a software engr. He’s abandoned the website. This site exists AFAIK because of softpress, not Intaglio.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

On Aug 7, 2021, at 20:25, J Evans Jennings Jr. email@hidden wrote:

What does Intaglio have that EasyDraw doesn’t?

No idea, but in my case, I have a huge number of Intaglio drawings as figures in many books. So, switching is out of the question for me.

Best
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I plan to use EazyDraw reduced $ offer to Intaglio users next week. After that I will report back.

Sent from RO-CH13

On Aug 8, 2021, at 11:46 AM, Alain Schremmer email@hidden wrote:

No idea, but in my case, I have a huge number of Intaglio drawings as figures in many books. So, switching is out of the question for me.

Best
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I would recommend saving the Intaglio figures as PDFs, just in case an OS update or something else knocks out Intaglio.

That way you have a route to get the files into many editing packages.

Ian.

On 8 Aug 2021, at 17:45, Alain Schremmer email@hidden wrote:

Best
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Jean, Looking forward to your report!

Jack

On Aug 8, 2021, at 2:49 PM, Jean Haydel email@hidden wrote:

I plan to use EazyDraw reduced $ offer to Intaglio users next week. After that I will report back.

Sent from RO-CH13

On Aug 8, 2021, at 11:46 AM, Alain Schremmer email@hidden wrote:

Best
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

OS update knocks out Intaglio? Don’t you make proper system backups? If
that happens to me, I boot from the backup and do the transition from there.

Saving everything valuable as PDF as another kind of backup is sensible,
but the system backup will save you the trouble until it is needed.

/Ingemar

Den 2021-08-08 kl. 20:52, skrev Haywire:

I would recommend saving the Intaglio figures as PDFs, just in case an OS update or something else knocks out Intaglio.

Ian.

Best
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

I do have pdfs of my intaglio drawings if only because that is what you need to include in latex. But I still need the Intaglio drawings for when I need to edit. And, at my age, I sure have better things to do than to learn how to edit pdfs. But thanks anyway.

So, all I wanted to say is why I will stick with Intaglio and that, maybe, some people may not really need to switch either. Depends on how you are using it and I can see why some people could be getting nervous.

On Aug 8, 2021, at 14:52, Haywire email@hidden wrote:

Ian.

Best
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

This is my view too on this as well as other software with uncertain
future. It works for me, now. There is no reason for me to panic. I
keep my eye open for alternatives, I know some alternatives, but I will
not take that work until I need to.

I am already using some abandoned software. All I need is to keep a
system installation where it works. Intaglio still works on my main
system. No rush. I can make a transition when I need to, or even more
optimally, when I feel like it, when I find an alternative that is
better, for me. This is like when I transitioned to Intaglio. I was
using some discontinued software, and had been checking out a dozen
alternatives. Intaglio was the best, clearly better than the old
program. That’s the time to switch.

Will EazyDraw or Affinity Designer be that step up, or just a
replacement, for me? It takes time to figure that out.

I have seen similar reactions on other software when the developer goes
silent. Why do they do that, why not officially make us know the
situation? Discontinued, delayed, whatever. And the users panic, as if
the program didn’t work. It works!

/Ingemar

Den 2021-08-08 kl. 21:54, skrev Alain Schremmer:

I do have pdfs of my intaglio drawings if only because that is what you need to include in latex. But I still need the Intaglio drawings for when I need to edit. And, at my age, I sure have better things to do than to learn how to edit pdfs. But thanks anyway.

So, all I wanted to say is why I will stick with Intaglio and that, maybe, some people may not really need to switch either. Depends on how you are using it and I can see why some people could be getting nervous.

On Aug 8, 2021, at 14:52, Haywire email@hidden wrote:

Ian.

Best
–schremmer

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden