OT Eazydraw very cheap right now (on the App Store)

Hi list.

Sorry for the conflict of information (psuedo-spam), I love Intaglio,
but I’ve never really got into Eazydraw because of its price.

But on the new Mac Appstore, Eazydraw is currently $15!!

Eazydraw and Intaglio? Together let’s crack the Adobe empire!! :wink:

Tom


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

As a registered used of EasyDraw, I can attest that it is no bargain,
even at $15. Intaglio is MUCH better.

Jack

Hi list.

Sorry for the conflict of information (psuedo-spam), I love Intaglio,
but I’ve never really got into Eazydraw because of its price.

But on the new Mac Appstore, Eazydraw is currently $15!!

Eazydraw and Intaglio? Together let’s crack the Adobe empire!! :wink:

Tom


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Why?

What are your reasons?
On 3 Feb 2011, at 19:56, Jack Jennings wrote:

As a registered used of EasyDraw, I can attest that it is no bargain, even at $15.


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Mostly I found EasyDraw to be so different from ClarisDraw that it
was difficult for me to learn. Its interface is difficult. beyond
this:
MacDraw conversions full of flaws
Grouped objects do not rotate as group when rotated but flip and
change position
Scaling changes when ClarisDraw scaled drawings are imported.
Limited type formatting capabilities
Complex imported drawing have pieces missing, some become invisible.
Colors of imported drawings misinterpreted.

There were some other things I didn’t like but it’s been over three
years since I touched EasyDraw and I’ve forgotten them.

Jack

Why?

What are your reasons?
On 3 Feb 2011, at 19:56, Jack Jennings wrote:

As a registered used of EasyDraw, I can attest that it is no
bargain, even at $15.


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I tried it 5 years ago and didn’t like it. The latest version is marginally better, but it’s still too complicated with shed-loads of features of dubious usefulness. The long menus with numerous sub-menus are confusing. Some features are also in the button bar, but the icons are too small.

The really useful features; text on a path, Convert text to paths, vector stroke effects, vector blends, all of which have been around forever in Illustrator and (pre OSX) Freehand, are missing.

There are some nice touches. The gradient adjuster and the range of graduated effects is better than Intaglio’s hit and miss method and the method used for rotating/scaling is very good.

At $15, you can’t complain, but the unnecessary complexity just gets in the way. I doubt if I’d ever get anything done!


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I personally love Sketch as well. Also available in the AppStore.

Le 3 févr. 2011 à 20:56, Jack Jennings a écrit :

As a registered used of EasyDraw, I can attest that it is no bargain, even at $15. Intaglio is MUCH better.

Jack

Hi list.

Sorry for the conflict of information (psuedo-spam), I love Intaglio,
but I’ve never really got into Eazydraw because of its price.

But on the new Mac Appstore, Eazydraw is currently $15!!

Eazydraw and Intaglio? Together let’s crack the Adobe empire!! :wink:

Tom


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Comic Life is another winner for me. I bought Comic Life 2, which is a big improvement over v1.5

I’m using a mixture of Comic Life, SketchUp, Pixelmator and Intaglio to do instructional sheets right now.

Good tools. Very good.

It’s interesting that both Jack and Ian haven’t really used EazyDraw for a while. I do understand Ian’s concern
about the complexity (simplicity is something I really love about Intaglio), but having never used ClarisDraw,
I can’t comment on that Jack. But I do think it was a little silly to remark that you would never buy a product
even if it were only a measly $15.

On 3 Feb 2011, at 22:07, Laurent Glaenzer wrote:

I personally love Sketch as well. Also available in the AppStore.


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 3 Feb 2011, at 21:54, IanB wrote:

I tried it 5 years ago and didn’t like it. The latest version is marginally better, but it’s still too complicated with shed-loads of features of dubious usefulness. The long menus with numerous sub-menus are confusing. Some features are also in the button bar, but the icons are too small.

The really useful features; text on a path, Convert text to paths, vector stroke effects, vector blends, all of which have been around forever in Illustrator and (pre OSX) Freehand, are missing.

There are some nice touches. The gradient adjuster and the range of graduated effects is better than Intaglio’s hit and miss method and the method used for rotating/scaling is very good.

At $15, you can’t complain, but the unnecessary complexity just gets in the way. I doubt if I’d ever get anything done!

Largely I agree however there are a number of features for which Eazydraw is to me invaluable.

I use both Intaglio and Eazydraw to provide software documentation and also importantly to create test data for graphics programs.
Test data generation is my reason for using Eazydraw. It provides me with

  • a coordinate system with Y increasing from bottom of page,
  • easy copy and paste of the x,y coordinates of points
  • easy copy and paste of vector angles in radians.

These few features have saved me oodles of time and I could not be without them.

Julius

http://juliuspaintings.co.uk


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

When I’m drawing a shape that includes both curves and straight lines, how do I get a straight line after a curve? Once I draw the curve, I can’t seem to get the pen tool back to straight-line mode. Am I using the wrong tool?

Julie


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Are you talking about Intaglio or EazyDraw?
In Intaglio hold alt-key down while manipulating the point.

Cheers


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Intaglio. Will try it. Thanks. -j

On Feb 18, 2011, at 8:04 AM, Frank wrote:

Are you talking about Intaglio or EazyDraw?
In Intaglio hold alt-key down while manipulating the point.

Cheers


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Have tried it. If I draw a vertical line, then a slanted line, then a curve, then hold down the alt (option) key and click, what I get is another curve. What have I missed?

And BTW, where do you get the info about this stuff. I think I read everything in the manual about the pen tool and drawing lines and curves, but if there’s any mention of the option key, I totally missed it.

Confused.

-j

On Feb 18, 2011, at 8:04 AM, Frank wrote:

Are you talking about Intaglio or EazyDraw?
In Intaglio hold alt-key down while manipulating the point.

Cheers


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 18 Feb 2011, 12:52 pm, Julie wrote:

And BTW, where do you get the info about this stuff. I think I read everything in the manual about the pen tool and drawing lines and curves, but if there’s any mention of the option key, I totally missed it.

Maybe 20 years in Béziers-drawing came to fruition. :wink:
You should have a play with it:
Simply clicking to draw a polygon.
hold Shift key down to contraint angles and try the same.
Click&drag to generate curves. Hold alt key down to grab a handle from a curve to make it an edge - hold shift key down to constraint to 45° or 90° angles - click to extend path.
Hold alt key down to close a path at the starting point.
If you need a video on this - let me know.

Cheers

Frank


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I would like one - Sorry to interrupt. I would like to get to know intaglio a bit better.

J

On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Frank wrote:

On 18 Feb 2011, 12:52 pm, Julie wrote:

And BTW, where do you get the info about this stuff. I think I read everything in the manual about the pen tool and drawing lines and curves, but if there’s any mention of the option key, I totally missed it.

Maybe 20 years in Béziers-drawing came to fruition. :wink:
You should have a play with it:
Simply clicking to draw a polygon.
hold Shift key down to contraint angles and try the same.
Click&drag to generate curves. Hold alt key down to grab a handle from a curve to make it an edge - hold shift key down to constraint to 45° or 90° angles - click to extend path.
Hold alt key down to close a path at the starting point.
If you need a video on this - let me know.

Cheers

Frank


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

So here you go: http://www.screencast.com/t/6JfSFEWFha
Essential is not to release the left mouse button unless you´re up to introduce a new point - so while holding it pressed you can hit shift/alt key to either constraint or not the next step.

Cheers

Frank


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 18, 2011, at 2:10 PM, Frank email@hidden wrote:

So here you go: http://www.screencast.com/t/6JfSFEWFha
Essential is not to release the left mouse button unless you´re up to introduce a new point - so while holding it pressed you can hit shift/alt key to either constraint or not the next step.

Cheers

Frank


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Frank,

“KeyReveal”? Where did you get that from? What a useful tool!

The video is excellent, although I probably would have liked to have heard some voice narration too. I often see videos with people circling or waving around tools, or certain functions, but I haven’t a clue who or what they are pointing at (because mostly the text that the tool is hovering over, is far too blurred or small).

I’m quite surprised that Purgatory haven’t any video tutorials like this on their website :? But then perhaps I’m not surprised either?- development is very hard work- especially when you have those who want your software for free, or you have another main job, not or including a family and mortgage to support!

Frank, lastly, why use Jing, and not YouTube?

regards,

Tom

Hi Tom
For some reason your reply didn´t show up here in the forum. Seemed to be a database hick-up where user visit records got a reset.

“KeyReveal” is coded by a Cheetah3d user. You can grab it here: http://loewald.com/keyreveal/

Sorry for the missing sound in my video - but as you may have guessed English is not my native language and I didn´t meant to make a mockery of myself. Usually when I get requests (and get paid or at least donated) for video tutorials I use other screenrecord-apps that allow me to edit the footage with text/subtitles. But this is a lot more work. Hopefully in this case it worked out the way it is.
I have an YouTube account but I don´t like how they mix QuickTime content with flash and how spammers chatter your site. So Screencast.com works better for me because I can upload whatever I like and I prefer Quicktime- if you´re going serious I highly recommend Vimeo. Great content and community - very pro.

Kind regards,

Frank


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’m afraid I’m a little late on this thread.

DrawingWithKeysOn takes me to a password protected page. How do I view the video?


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Content is available again. Check link again.

Cheers

Frank


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I like your post.

eazydraw crack


Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options