PhotoShop Text Query

I’m using PhotoShop CS (1) on OSX 10.4.11 on G3 Laptop and trying to add some text directly to a PhotoShop Image, rather than within Freeway. Try as I might, I cannot get any response from the Text Tool, which certainly opens a new Text Layer, but refuses to reveal any Text entries. Obviously checked colour is dark, px size is appropriate, and layer is to the front, but no joy.

Any suggestions of where else check.

Many thanks

Neil

A weird, extremely time wasting and frustrating problem, but at least I have now come up with an answer.

Up until recently I was using a virtually brand new iMac style white USB keyboard as an external keyboard connected to my Pismo Laptop. Unfortunately, a week or so ago, it just stopped working, and as a stopgap I connected an old Apple ADB keyboard via a Griffin iMate, which surprisingly enough, works - normally - without a glitch. However, while in PhotoShop, it goes through all the motions of entering text, other than displaying it in the image on-screen. Entering text directly via the LapTop keyboard didn’t help at first, but as a last resort I disconnected the old ADB external keyboard, and voila, perfect text entry as one would expect, from the LapTop keyboard- go figure!!!

Must get round to upgrading sometime!!!

Many thanks again

Neil

On 5/6/08 15:37, “Neil Carter” email@hidden wrote:

I’m using PhotoShop CS (1) on OSX 10.4.11 on G3 Laptop and trying to add some text directly to a PhotoShop Image, rather than within Freeway. Try as I might, I cannot get any response from the Text Tool, which certainly opens a new Text Layer, but refuses to reveal any Text entries. Obviously checked colour is dark, px size is appropriate, and layer is to the front, but no joy.

Any suggestions of where else check.

Many thanks

Neil

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options