[Pro] 1st steps into FW7

I was a little confused about the terminology of inflow and inline design. So I read the appendix 1 on layout options, and as far as I can figure out, what I need is the one you call “percentage based inflow layout”. So I started going through the tutorial for that.
Here are my firs steps and some questions/remarks:

p227 last but one paragraph:

“In the browser window you will see…”
Hm-at this point of the tutorial, no page has been created, and the master is not displayed in the browser.

p228 start

After I created a page, added some text in the Header and centered it using the space bar, what I see in the browser ist that the Header fills the whole width, but the text is not centered. So it looks like I have to make the container field the approximate width of the text (if that is smaller than the design width). Or have I overlooked something?

Concerning the styling of text:
I added a font to the Font List, where it appears as Font Set 1. Later I tried to give it its name (Bradley Hand). I could not find an option to re-name or delete a font from the list, so I chose New again, this time entering the name. While the dialog was open, I changed the default Font Set 3 to 1. In the list, it appears again as Font Set 1, but no name. - Is there a way to remove and/or re-name custom fonts from the list? And what do I need to do to enter a font and have it displayed with its name?

p228

“Because there is some content inside […] After that, click in the Height field in the Inspector’s Measurements panel and enter 1000px for both of the inserted HTML items …”

The Measurements panel does not offer a choice of entering figures. The Dimensions panel does. And there are 3 choices. The respective popups call them ‘Minimum height’, ‘Height’ and ‘Maximum height’. Hoping to hit the intention of the tutorial, I enter 600px in the middle field.

“…before previewing in a browser to see it all looks a lot more like a proper web page.”

No it doesn’t. The height-enlarged items (leftpanel and rigthpanel) are placed unter the footer, extending upward through the footer into 1/2 of the height of a space between header and footer. It is this space which has the color given to the page-wrapper, but only the lateral parts, not the space between the panels.

“Test the percentage widths set on the pagebodycontainer, leftpanel and rightpanel items to see that as you change the width of the browser window the items change in relation to each other.”

Yes they do.

Maybe it’s time for a break, looking forward to your corrections of my endeavour.

Also, I’d like your verbose definition of ‘Measurements’ and ‘Dimensions’ in this context.

And a merry Christmas!

Hening

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: