[Pro] 1st steps into FW7

My first page

1-
In the master page, I have set the Default page size to 1200x980 px. That is about the pixel count of my 19" sreen. Then, when I choose the start page and choose ‘Use master settings’ in the page panel, a frame is shown that shows these borders. But beyond them there is a stripe of about 80 px at right and about 45 px at bottom, that also shows the background color I have chosen for the page.

If I select one of the items on the page and move it a little, that frame snaps to the outside of that larger area.

Both the master and the page show the same numbers in the Measurement panel.

What is this?

And also, if I deselect ‘Use master settings’ again, the frame does not go away again. ?

2-
The page contains 2 text fields, and an image as pass-through graphic. When I set the Width and Height of that graphic to ‘Fixed’, it is just that: If I open it in a browser and diminish the window, the image is cut at right.
If otoh I set the size to ‘Fixed %’, it scales with the browser window - but also with that windows aspect ratio. The latter is not the meaning. Is there a way to avoid this and still have the image adapt to the browser size?

To try that, I set the size to ‘Flexible’. The image was downsized to about 1/2, and the box frame shrunk to the new size. And it stays that way also after I set the size to ‘Fixed’ again. Even after I deleted the content, enlarged the box, set the Measurements to ‘Fixed’ again and re-imported the image. The Measurement snapped to 'Flexible again. (How) can I revert that? And what is going on here?

3-
If I import the image as pass-through graphic, FW forces me to ignore the resolution. In the Import dialog, the resolution is reduced from 176 to 169 ppi. Well, no big deal. But why?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: