[Pro] a responsive Web with different rooms...?

Hello. I’ve just thought about a website with rooms, I mean, imagine a company with different products. Each product has lot of information, so it deserved to make a website for each product. Or for example, a restaurant that has 10 locations with different style and food speciality. You could make a different Web for each restaurant, but the owner want a Web with his logo up and a navigation where you could choose one of the ten locations, and this navigation is always visible at top. And below it the content of each restaurant, as 10 single webs, that is different one from the other, and is different styles, for example, Madrid location restaurant is red, London is blue, París is green…

Is this kind of complexe (complexe because of the content, that is long) Web be done in responsive way and have a good experience?

Is it posible to make it with more than one menu navigation? Or is it better to have a different Web for each product/restaurant and open each of it in an iframe that were on the main page below the main menu? When you see it on mobile, is going to work with both responsive menus?

I hope made me understood… Im trying to find a Web that fits what I’m thinnest no found yet.

Gracias

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Take a look at how Apple have organized their site. There is a section for Mac, another for iPhone, another for watch… Some of these sections are just really tall pages, but many are entire sub-sites, with their own internal secondary navigation. The main navigation at the top stays “lit” to indicate which section you are in, and then the secondary navigation also shows its state, so you know which sub-section you are in.

This is a common organization scheme, and you can learn a lot about how to do it by analyzing the sites of other companies of similar size (in terms of product families) as your own.

Walter

On Aug 1, 2015, at 5:14 PM, rakeljuice email@hidden wrote:

Hello. I’ve just thought about a website with rooms, I mean, imagine a company with different products. Each product has lot of information, so it deserved to make a website for each product. Or for example, a restaurant that has 10 locations with different style and food speciality. You could make a different Web for each restaurant, but the owner want a Web with his logo up and a navigation where you could choose one of the ten locations, and this navigation is always visible at top. And below it the content of each restaurant, as 10 single webs, that is different one from the other, and is different styles, for example, Madrid location restaurant is red, London is blue, París is green…

Is this kind of complexe (complexe because of the content, that is long) Web be done in responsive way and have a good experience?

Is it posible to make it with more than one menu navigation? Or is it better to have a different Web for each product/restaurant and open each of it in an iframe that were on the main page below the main menu? When you see it on mobile, is going to work with both responsive menus?

I hope made me understood… Im trying to find a Web that fits what I’m thinnest no found yet.

Gracias

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I found, for example, with lots of subsections elcorteingles.es, but it’s much more than the Web I’m thinking about. On the other hand, all the sections are the same. They don’t difference beds from babies, only because of the pictures…

Think silly me, but I thought that these webs were different webs, one for pc, one for table, one for mobile… Now realized that it could be just one site. But the question is still in my mind. Can you have the responsive main menu and then another responsive menu for each section? In elcorteingles.es is not that way because they use submenu, and in apple.com if you get into ipad and choose one you loose all possibilities to choose another one.

Imagina the main menu on top, and the other in vertical direction on the left. And on mobiles both collapse to top. Or its better to make an iframe to show the different main sections, having different sites for each section?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I feel as though you are asking a different question than I attempted to answer. And I’ve read this one twice and I’m not certain I understand it any better. A responsive site can have more than one menu on a page, or it can have one with nested functionality, such as what you get when you create sub-menu options in a normal CSS Menus main nav:

* Home
* Products
	* Salsa
	* Oven Mitts
	* Widgets
* Support
	* Phone
* Blog

When you open a particular section of the menu, you see the sub-options within that section listed in the same place.

What is the problem you are trying to solve, in general, without digging too far into the responsive side of things. What do you mean by “the webs were different webs”? What are you looking for that these example sites aren’t doing? Perhaps they aren’t trying to solve the same problem you are. I feel as though if you are able to express the underlying problem in enough detail, one or another of us will have some suggestions that make sense to you.

Walter

On Aug 1, 2015, at 7:52 PM, rakeljuice email@hidden wrote:

I found, for example, with lots of subsections elcorteingles.es, but it’s much more than the Web I’m thinking about. On the other hand, all the sections are the same. They don’t difference beds from babies, only because of the pictures…

Think silly me, but I thought that these webs were different webs, one for pc, one for table, one for mobile… Now realized that it could be just one site. But the question is still in my mind. Can you have the responsive main menu and then another responsive menu for each section? In elcorteingles.es is not that way because they use submenu, and in apple.com if you get into ipad and choose one you loose all possibilities to choose another one.

Imagina the main menu on top, and the other in vertical direction on the left. And on mobiles both collapse to top. Or its better to make an iframe to show the different main sections, having different sites for each section?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Iwill try to make me understood. For me, all sections at elcorteingles.es or apple.com are the same website. There is not structural neither aspect difference from one and the other. But imagine that you want each section different from others, like if you made a web design portfolio… You could have a main menu on top where you see logo as a designer, and the buttons to click web1 web2 web3 web4. And when you select web1, you can see the whole website under this menu, with its own navigation, sections, subsections… This is the most clear example I can think of… at this moment

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Do you want that “whole website” under the main menu to be fully navigable as its own site? If so, you have just described a navigation scheme which was really popular in the late 90s – the header frame. Many news sites used to do this to be “sticky” – to keep users from just linking away. They’d make sure their “back to site” and logo stayed visible at all times.

It’s not going to work well at all on mobile, but you can create an old-school frameset, with your site navigation in a fixed-height top frame, and a “take all available additional space” bottom frame containing the other sites. Your menu at the top would have to specifically target the bottom frame using the target attribute, and you would have to watch out for any links inside the sites you were showcasing having target=_top or JavaScript “frame buster” scripts designed to keep people from doing exactly this. If you also wanted it to work on mobile browsers, you could try using an iframe for this, but it’s not going to be a perfect solution, because mobile browsers don’t behave the same way that desktop browsers do when it comes to frames.

Walter

On Aug 2, 2015, at 10:33 AM, rakeljuice email@hidden wrote:

Iwill try to make me understood. For me, all sections at elcorteingles.es or apple.com are the same website. There is not structural neither aspect difference from one and the other. But imagine that you want each section different from others, like if you made a web design portfolio… You could have a main menu on top where you see logo as a designer, and the buttons to click web1 web2 web3 web4. And when you select web1, you can see the whole website under this menu, with its own navigation, sections, subsections… This is the most clear example I can think of… at this moment

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

so, its not a good idea… for a responsive web…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden