[Pro] Adding sound

How can I add a background sound to this page? I’ve a great mp3 audio of an old press running and would like it to play when this page is opened. Thanks.

http://peterpica.com/gesualdiprinting/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Just had this discussion at Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Dave… went there before and did that… BUT the problem is with my website methinks (WebMate - Parked Domain)… when I dragged an mp3 file to the active area on my page (within black background area)… the entire black area 'shrunk down in size…literally, and I was unable to resize it in FP… just wouldn’t let me resize it. I had to restart the app, reopen the page, and drag the mp3 file OUTSIDE of the black background area.

Really weird.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Another issue… how do I update my website so that El Capitan/Safari will recognize the audio file? (It plays fine in Chrome.)…I read something about updating my website by replacing any embedded tags that call for the legacy QuickTime 7 web plug in. And that I should now use the HTML5 video tag. How do I implement this suggestion into my website?

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

How do I implement this suggestion into my website?

If you had read the other thread you would see that you have to change your page encoding to HTML5 - also ensure that the option for Audio in the Inspector (with your sound file selected) is set to Audio and not Quicktime.

As far as affecting your Background goes I suspect that your Background isn’t a Background at all but an HTML item that you have sent to the back.

A link to your live example would help us diagnose this.

I did also suggest that the simplest way was to drag and drop - not necessarily the correct way for your layout but without being able to see it we can only guess.

Once it is on your FW page you can cut and paste it into a more suitable container/location.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks much again Dave… HTML5 adjustment seems to have done the trick for all concerns! Working great now.

Regards.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden