[Pro] Another htacces question

Hi folks,

Well got everything working, images and video being responsive(ish). From previous Pulse integration question. thanks.

One final (!) thing; I can’t get the individual posts to appear on this site, below.

Done this umpteen times before but with slightly older version of Pulse 3.Classic. and no problems.

Note; Pulse’s new developer no longer supports this version:( The simple has long gone from Pulse.

Tried various permutations, considered using older and new version 4 (that is not I don’t think very client friendly) etc.
This is the code I’m using currently in root:

RewriteEngine On

# If you install pulse in a sub-folder, some hosts require 
# RewriteBase to be set to that sub-folder name (below)

# RewriteBase /subfolder/

# Uncomment the rules below if you are using your own template
# If embedding to a page other than blog.php, edit that in the rules below

RewriteRule ^blog-page-([^-]*)$ cpblog.php?page=$1 [L]                          
RewriteRule ^blog-([^-]*)+? cpblog.php?d=$1 [L]

Any help… :slight_smile:

s

http://www.cpartist.co.uk/cpblog.php

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Answer: Use an older version, Pulse 3.5.5* works fine. Doesn’t solve what was missing to make it not work but all sorted.

The last Classic is 3.5.7

s

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Glad you got it working.

One small suggestion - a bit of L/R padding for smaller devices. Text is very close to the edge when on smaller screens.

David

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Dave,

Unfortunately 3.5.5 didn’t work either** in one odd (very odd) respect. The image viewer in Redactor didn’t show any previously uploaded images, layout of the pop up was not right. Needless, played about with variations and previous versions. 3.4.1 thankfully worked. All very strange. I’ve used Pulse umpteen times with few issues. I wonder if the later versions were more integrated to their template. The Send button styling resides in the Kube.css part of the template for example. I’m sure Mark or Ulli would know exactly but new owner…
I had a look at V4 but its UI is not very friendly for clients imho. V4 does have a few nice touches though. Especially image handling.

Still tweaking to do now I have the issue thankfully sorted, and having learnt more about FW responsive.

** working on a second site that had same issue, still to correct first cpartist site.

Live and learn,

s

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden

Just for those that might pass this way.

The solution to blog entries not appearing as individual posts I encountered was to have the rewrite like this, even though the site is NOT in a subfolder:

# If you install pulse in a sub-folder, some hosts require 
# RewriteBase to be set to that sub-folder name (below)

RewriteBase /

This would be normal if not in a sub folder:

If you install pulse in a sub-folder, some hosts require

RewriteBase to be set to that sub-folder name (below)

RewriteBase /subfolder/

Can I assume this is the way the 1&1 servers are configured.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden