[Pro] Assistance

I have been using Freeway for several years to maintain our Amatuer Radio club page, we are wanting to add into our web page the ability to have several conferences, where our members can post items for sale, perform product reviews and ask questions.

I have version 7 Pro.

I am far far from an expert in web page creation and my pages have been pretty simple in the past, but we are trying to expand our page abilities?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help me add this functionality to our my web page?

Greg

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Freeway, by itself, can’t give you the server-side parts that allow users to interact with the site and enter their own content. For that, you would need some sort of content management engine to add dynamic content, and some sort of commenting system or forum. If the members want to have the ability to sell things and collect the payment online, then add Stripe or another commerce system to that list.

All of this falls under the rubric of Web application development, not design. Freeway is a design tool that can help the programmatic parts look great, but it doesn’t have any way to generate a back-end for your site.

If you want to try to do this yourself, and you have a little bit of programming experience, then a site like HotScripts or others like it may help you find an “off-the-shelf” solution that you can bend to your needs. These range from free (with no help) to paid (and supported), with the expectation that you will do the configuration and installation yourself. This may be more than you want to bite off. In that case, the next step up would be to find a developer who can write your system (or do the bending of an off-the-shelf program). That starts out expensive, and gets more so depending on your needs. But that’s a way to get exactly what you want and need. Depending on your business model, it could be an investment that continues to pay you back after the project is built.

Walter

On Nov 12, 2017, at 5:09 PM, Gregory Lewis email@hidden wrote:

I have been using Freeway for several years to maintain our Amatuer Radio club page, we are wanting to add into our web page the ability to have several conferences, where our members can post items for sale, perform product reviews and ask questions.

I have version 7 Pro.

I am far far from an expert in web page creation and my pages have been pretty simple in the past, but we are trying to expand our page abilities?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help me add this functionality to our my web page?

www.144200.net

Greg

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options