[Pro] Audio and Movie Files

I’ve been asked to include an audio file on a particular web page. I’ve not done this before. I’ve searched FreewayTalk but the only answers I can find seem to be from several years ago. Can someone give me a quick idea of the best way to do this (easily) please? I’ve suggested that .mp3 is the best format for the sound file and if needed .mp4 for a movie file. I’m using Freeway 7. The sound file is likely to be an interview so I’m not sure how big the file is likely to be.

Any help much appreciated; thanks in advance …

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

1. Make sure your web page is set to HTML5
  2. Import an audio file (e.g. mp3) into a CSS box (as if you were importing a pass-through graphic)
  3. Set any options in the Output pane of the Inspector palette
  4. Make sure Type is set to Audio and not QuickTime

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Jeremy
Many thanks for your reply. I’m waiting for my client to send the audio file and will test this out.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If the file is in a non-web compliant format, you may wonder how to go about converting it into something suitable for the web. Typical of Apple, they like to play hide and seek. I honestly think it’s a virtually unknown secret, that video and audio encoding is built-in to MacOS.

So, if you do indeed need to re-encode, from for example an aiff, click on the file using the contextual menu gesture/whatever (two-finger tap for me on a trackpad) and go to the Services menu. At the bottom you will see ‘Encode Selected Audio Files’. Choosing ‘High Quality’, will produce an .m4a, which should be good for the web.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Many thanks Grant! Never knew that …

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden