[Pro] Auto Alphabetizing of Site Folder?

I have over 400 pages in my Site Folder. Sometimes, for SEO purposes, I’ll change a page’s title. For example, from the (hypothetical) former title “Title Example” to the new “A Title Example.”

I like to keep my site folder alphabetized, except for a few nonalphabetized pages I’ve dragged to the top for specific reasons. In my example above, is there some tool or setting in Freeway 7 Pro to make my new “A Title Example” jump automatically from the “T” titles up to the “A” titles? Manually dragging the changed page up through several hundred manually alphabetized pages gets old. Is there any “auto” way to make Freeway do this?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The alphabetical order here would just be a convenience to you in the design view? I’m afraid I don’t know of anything that could automate that. You could look in the Freeway AppleScript dictionary to see if there is something there, if you’ve ever used AppleScript before. As you know, the order of pages in the site is immaterial – the pages themselves are just text files in a folder. If you’re talking about the order of page names in an index listing that you maintain on the page, then that could be brought under Action control. I’d be surprised if you were maintaining a visible list of 400 links to pages manually! The Simple Site Map Action is one such automation. Simple Site Map - ActionsForge

Walter

On Jul 12, 2018, at 10:01 PM, Jim Feeney email@hidden wrote:

I have over 400 pages in my Site Folder. Sometimes, for SEO purposes, I’ll change a page’s title. For example, from the (hypothetical) former title “Title Example” to the new “A Title Example.”

I like to keep my site folder alphabetized, except for a few nonalphabetized pages I’ve dragged to the top for specific reasons. In my example above, is there some tool or setting in Freeway 7 Pro to make my new “A Title Example” jump automatically from the “T” titles up to the “A” titles? Manually dragging the changed page up through several hundred manually alphabetized pages gets old. Is there any “auto” way to make Freeway do this?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks, Walter. And yes, the auto-alphabetizing would be just a convenience for me. 14 years ago, with Fwy Express 3.5, I started a small, nonprofit, religious website, with only a small number of pages. Since then it has grown gradually to over 400 individual articles, Bible studies, etc. When one starts a New Page in Fwy, it’s automatically placed at the bottom of the Site Folder, even if its given title begins with the letter “a.”

It’s not a big problem. I was just looking for a way to save a few minutes of manually dragging new pages upwards in the Site Folder to their appropriate alphabetical location.

I appreciate all the help you’ve given lo these many years to us web amateurs and pros alike.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have the same problem - over 900 pages in a folder, that I want to arrange into alphabetical order within that folder, so I find the pages I need to edit more easily.

If ever anyone finds a workaround for this, I’d certainly appreciate it

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden