[Pro] Constant Contact Template?

Is anyone using FWP 7 to create responsive email templates for Constant Contact?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

My understanding is that most email browsers are decades behind web browsers in terms of reliable standards support. How they will respond to responsive code is questionable.

I used to use Freeway 6 and the email action to make emails for Constant Contact and iContact, however I was very disappointed by the code that was produced. I don’t recommend it. I opt now to use my own templates that were initially developed with Freeway but use max-width and other flexible layout techniques instead.

You can see one of the templates and test it here:

http://cssway.thebigerns.com/workbench/email-template-CC/

Clicking the links toward the bottom will download the html and resources for that file.

You can use an html editor such as Coda to adapt or reconstruct it… it’s heavily annotated. I use Coda’s snippets to build the components for emails like this for my clients. The overall style may not suit everyone-- it’s definitely not fancy, but the problem is again getting email browsers to reliably interpret modern codes and styles… conventional wisdom still seems to support using at least a table framework, inline styles, and a fairly primitive approach, sometimes using graphics for fancy text.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: