[Pro] CSS Menus action

Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong with the CSS Menus action?

I’ve built the site below based on Freeway’s Clouds template.

The menu works fine on desktops/laptops, but on phones and tablets, the hamburger icon is unresponsive. I’m not aware of changing any settings from the template, so I can’t figure out why that should be.

Any clues?

Thanks for your help.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You do know you can apply rounded corners to any html object just via css, right? Just create a style like

.rounded5px { border-radius: 5px }

and apply this to any object you want to have a nice 5px rounded corner. Was this created from a original Freeway template?

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Richard,

I’m not sure why you are telling me about rounded corners. Will it make the menu work?

The site is based on Freeway’s Clouds template.

All the best,

Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve tried several things here to make the menu work, but somehow it just doesn’t work. It’s like the menu doesn’t respond to the hamburger at all. When having the Element Inspector opened I do not see any change in it’s code as soon as I ‘activate’ the hamburger. Can’t help you here it seems, sorry.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hey Mark,

I doubt if I can shed much light on your dilemna, other than my hamburger icon works fine. Attached is a picture of my actions page for the CSS Menu-maybe you can see something there. On my laptop, the icon is recognized as carrying a link (when I shrink the browser to the size that will bring up the icon, it just doesn’t go anywhere.

I do have another question though. What doesn’t work for me is the placement of my html items in certain landscape views, especially on my iPhone 5 (it looks fine in portrait though). What strikes me about your site is that it looks terrific in landscape on a phone. I’m not sure why yours works and mine doesn’t (I’m a musician, not a web dude…), but maybe the answer is in the breakpoint settings. Do you think you could take a picture of your breakpoints (or list them if you have a moment)? Perhaps I created the wrong breakpoint for phone landscape….

Thanks,

Chris

On Apr 9, 2017, at 2:47 PM, Mark F Fisher email@hidden wrote:

Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong with the CSS Menus action?

I’ve built the site below based on Freeway’s Clouds template.

The menu works fine on desktops/laptops, but on phones and tablets, the hamburger icon is unresponsive. I’m not aware of changing any settings from the template, so I can’t figure out why that should be.

Any clues?

Thanks for your help.

http://www.xtclimelight.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Chris Rutkowski
Creative Director, Luna Media
email@hidden
www.chrisrutkowski.com http://chrisrutkowski.com/index.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks for having a look Richard and Chris.

I’m a journalist not a web dude, so I share your uncertainty, Chris. In fact, I’m not even sure where to find the breakpoint settings.

The easiest way I can show you what I’m doing is to get you to open the template I’ve used.

Open Freeway, on “New Documents” select “Templates” (if it’s not selected already) and open the one called Clouds. I’ve changed pictures, text and colours but the basic layout is the same.

I chose this template because it’s designed to adapt to the screen it’s being viewed on – and it does indeed work perfectly for everything except the CSS menu.

Hope that helps! Tell me if not.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, Mark!

Actually I think there is an idea that I can use in your template. The content in Clouds is narrower than the page (e.g. 440 pixels in a 768 px wide page for iPad screen size). I’ll bet that will help me.

Best,

Chris

On Apr 9, 2017, at 6:15 PM, Mark F Fisher email@hidden wrote:

Thanks for having a look Richard and Chris.

I’m a journalist not a web dude, so I share your uncertainty, Chris. In fact, I’m not even sure where to find the breakpoint settings.

The easiest way I can show you what I’m doing is to get you to open the template I’ve used.

Open Freeway, on “New Documents” select “Templates” (if it’s not selected already) and open the one called Clouds. I’ve changed pictures, text and colours but the basic layout is the same.

I chose this template because it’s designed to adapt to the screen it’s being viewed on – and it does indeed work perfectly for everything except the CSS menu.

Hope that helps! Tell me if not.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

Chris Rutkowski
Creative Director, Luna Media
email@hidden
www.chrisrutkowski.com http://chrisrutkowski.com/index.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options