[Pro] CSS Menus vs Responsive CSS Menu

Please…
Whats the difference from CSS Menus and Responsive CSS Menu? Just in a few words…not to take you so much time.

I could recently mange with the Responsive CSS Menu at one of the backdraft modules options… but feel that its better to use the CSS Menu instead, isnt it? Have more options…?

Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The “Responsive Menu” switches at a certain breakpoint to a so called “Hamburger Menu” which will mean, that the extended Link view turns into a compact one icon view. This is to save space. Always keep in mind that the width of a mobile has (in portrait mode) only 320px available. But there are as well the downsides of the game which is called:

“What the heck does those three lines mean?”

Read more on this on Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk and the included article.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The “Responsive CSS Menu” action was created by Walter Davis for Backdraft back in the days of Freeway Pro 6. Because this was before the responsive focus of Freeway 7, the official “CSS Menus” action was not responsive in the least – hence we built Walters version. With Freeway 7, Softpress rebuilt their action so that it was responsive.

At this point, the main difference between the two actions (Softpress’ & Walters) is how the menu appears – in Softpress’, it covers the entire page with a overlay; in Walters, it expands into the flow of the page.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

In Walter’s “Responsive CSS Menu” the submenu is collapsing (unfold). Great when you have many pages.

I really like to see that as an option in the “CSS Menu” from Softpress.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for answers. A difference I have just found is that Walter’s cant make a vertical menu… and for the web Im thinking now, one I asked you some weeks ago, with 2 menus, or iframes… I finally decided not to work with iframes, and make a main horizontal menu fixed at top and a vertical one menu for every section. The Walter’s way of appear its better for me, but the vertical menu is my mayor need at this moment.

Thommas, I read the link when published, bt thanks a lot for point it to me!! and in the time between I have thought about and give me some ideas to this site Im starting now. And found the Navigation Popup Menu… for mobiles I found it really usefull, more “friendly” than the hamburguer…

Thanks a lot.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

and how to mix… the CSS Responsive Menu that expand content below with the center alignment of the button at the CSS Menu…? In the Responsive CSS Menu you just can put the button at left or right, but not center…!

I have being trying with lots of the posibilities I know, but it must be something in the extend I dont know how to write…

is it possible?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

well, to try to explain better… I could manage to put the button at the center of the space, but then, the text of links below are not centered with the text… If you look at http://www.i-tek.es/demoweb/cantemus/v2.php and make the page the narrowest, as 320 mobile, in the hamburguer below the purple logo, you could see what I mean. Hambuguer button and text links are not centered one with others…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden