[Pro] CSS3 menus problems

Recently my menus have quit responding to the set rollover. It is still set to change color on rollover, not working. Just stopped and still is set to do so. I tried the usual like making changes then going back to previous set…nothing.

The menus have also lost the “highlight current page” color change. Tested it in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There is a style that is directly applied to menu text as follows:

.style272 {
    color: #fff;
    font-family: Herculanum;
    font-size: 12px;
}

The specificity of the color means that the menu settings are being overwritten.

The rule is that any settings applied in the CSS Menu action panel re colour etc. should NOT be applied to the text itself. The menu items should really be virtually unstyled text so that the Action can do its magic.

If you remove the color attribute from style272 a lot of your problems will disappear. (Similarly if there are other colors applied directly to any of the menu items)

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks David. So to be precise I should go into the code (using Source Code Snooper) and edit the color in .style272 leaving it blank?

Glenn

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just ran into another problem. The page action source code snooper is stuck in eternal spinning beachball mode.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

So that leads to a second question, is there another way to get to the html code, other than the source code snooper action?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I should go into the code (using Source Code Snooper) and edit the color in .style272 leaving it blank?

No!

Edit the style in the FW style editor - or at least edit the menu text so that the style you create or apply does not include colour information.

With the menu text selected you will see in the Inspector what style has been applied - see below

Hover over the style name and a - (minus/delete) button will appear so that you can remove that style from that particular section of text.

One of the first things you should have done is set up a default Body style that includes basic styling like Font and size that will be applied to unstyled text which will then be used as standard.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options