[Pro] Different Responses in Safari vs Chrome

I’ve thrown together a very simple page utilizing Freeway Pro and a number of its Actions.

If you view <thinkaboutcollege.net> with Chrome, it builds (adding page elements) as it should. The only Chrome ‘error’ is that the Mailto Link at the bottom of “No kidding…” doesn’t open Mail.

If you view the site using Safari, everything just slams onto the page and the accordion text is all opened (though Mailto Link works).

The other odd thing is that I tested this on my iMac using Safari. While referencing local files (i.e. file:///… vs. https://) it works just fine.

So, what do I have set wrong?

Thanks…

https://thinkaboutcollege.net

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I should also mention that this works just fine using Safari on an iPhone, but on an iPad Safari acts just like Safari under macOS.

All devices are running the latest OS and latest versions of Safari.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Try applying the HTTPS CDN Helper action to the pages where you have the problem. This will rewrite the URLs to the JavaScript libraries so they have the https:// prefix. Mixed content like this is no longer permitted by browsers. So any non-secure content is just ignored, and that means your code won’t do what you want.

Walter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks — apply HTTPS CDN Helper did the trick.

When will (or just ‘will’) Freeway Pro ever become more than a bubble gum and bailing wire held together offering?

While I appreciate all of the third-party Actions, so many of them seem to be patches rather than extended ‘actions.’ So many other competitive systems seem to have surpassed FP in terms of ease-of-use and functionality — especially in terms of CMS. Sad.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

As you know, Freeway is a really old application – it started as a DTP app for Mac OS 7 or 8 back in the early-mid 90s. It has gone through a lot of changes over the years, including a brush with death, and is currently being rewritten from scratch.

I would put any hopes on de-crufting its code base on that effort, as the new approach will be to entirely start from a clean sheet, replicate the core functionality using the new tools from the Cocoa framework, (possibly) add new tricks enabled by that framework, and essentially put a new foundation under the house.

I don’t have any direct insight into what that will look like or when it may appear, but I do know that the developer working on it is active in these lists, and your input will not go unnoticed.

Personally, I would love to have a more modern API for Action-writing, we really are hamstrung by more or less the system that has been around since versions 2 and 3. That said, the greatest weakness of the application from the standpoint of extension authors is probably the greatest strength of the application from the perspective of writing great-looking and well-performing HTML: the internal document model is not HTML or even the DOM (document object model) from JavaScript. Instead, it’s more akin to the binary file format of a traditional page-layout application, capable of dramatically more precision than HTML and CSS allow. That freedom from stirring the pot in HTML means that changes to your layout (as you see it) can result in dramatically different and more efficient output in HTML, because that becomes an artifact to be thrown away and re-generated from scratch, always following the rules as it is done.

Walter

On Feb 8, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Robert email@hidden wrote:

Thanks — apply HTTPS CDN Helper did the trick.

When will (or just ‘will’) Freeway Pro ever become more than a bubble gum and bailing wire held together offering?

While I appreciate all of the third-party Actions, so many of them seem to be patches rather than extended ‘actions.’ So many other competitive systems seem to have surpassed FP in terms of ease-of-use and functionality — especially in terms of CMS. Sad.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options