[Pro] Downgrading Freeway Pro

I recently “upgraded” to the latest iteration of Freeway Pro 7. Since then it takes a looonnnggg time to open my site and it doesn’t quit properly, requiring a restart to get everything right with my system. I’ve lost a good hour of work already and I want my old version 7 back.

Is there a way to “downgrade”?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Is there a way to “downgrade”?

Did you keep the last version of FW that you downloaded? If so just delete 7.1 and install 7.04 (or whatever version)

I keep each version and just rename them accordingly as there is no reason you cannot run multiple versions.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Whenever a new version comes out I just drop the old application into an Old Versions folder within my General Freeway folder (where I also store all actions, templates, manuals, tools, tutorials, resources, code bits and whatever else. While that doesn’t help you, it’s a good practice in case something pops up unexpectedly - or I have to go back and work on a site which was created in an earlier version.

Long startup, loading delays and implied force quitting sounds like your issues may be somethng greater than just the particular version of FW you’re running…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden