[Pro] EASIEST and QUICKEST alternative

I remember Claris fondly, and it’s predecessor GreatWorks.

In fact Freeway was much like the Draw functions of these to me. All the innovations which happened inside drop-downs that I never opened were irrelvent to me - I’d already built a big website in, I think FW2, and all I wanted to do was add pages using the methods I understood. I did tussle with Actions for downloads, but the text used to default to Times if you did do some bodging, which annoyed me.

With every upgrade I excited looked for the innovations I wanted - polygons, grads, lines, arrows, but the UI always looked the same. Still does in 7.

I wish Freeway had stuck with the original business plans, to make the best graphics-based authoring package - like Swift Publisher (a very reasonable and good InDesign-type program if you don’t know it) for websites.

Also the ability to have multiple editors for content (Maybe they did that, but if so I never knew).

If they had gone that way they might have fended off Wordpress -because it would surely have been much much better.

But they seemed to be chasing Dreamweaver - which was already huge when they launched, which seemed a bit sideways to me.

Oh, and re the Wordpress discussion above - my biggest problem with WP is not being able to embed iFrames, which I use a lot in FW (mainly for my interactive crowdsourced map - the root of my research and communication work) - otherwise, I’d be rebuilding everything in WP now, for all the problems I have with the horrid clunky themes.

Meanwhile I’m still no near to finding an alternative - never mind a QUICK and EASY one. (As you probably guessed I used that title because I’d read all the other threads here about alternatives and barely understood a word :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: