[Pro] EASIEST and QUICKEST alternative

Forget about Freeway, Softpress and what might have been. Choose an alternative and don’t look back.

This reminds me a bit of that old search for “good, cheap and fast” where you can only have two of the three.

If you want it “cheap and fast” WordPress is probably your best option, but you give up some of the design control and there are other downsides. You could find a free theme and probably have 50 pages done by Monday. Whether it’s enjoyable or not depends on the various criteria you set.

In a situation like yours I would start by looking at your existing site, then decide what functionality you need in the foreseeable future. On a 400 page site I’d be prioritising quick and easy with a simple stipulation that it must be mobile friendly.

For “quick and easy” Blocs is looking very attractive. It lacks the outright versatility of Rapidweaver at this stage but they are making fast progress. I cannot comment on other apps.

My only concern is what will allow me to produce a decent looking site that performs well without going stir crazy in the process. It’s just a tool to help you achieve a goal, much like a photographer choosing Nikon or Canon.

They all have weaknesses and you have no control over the way these companies are run so you just have to get stuck in and hope for the best or learn to code by hand. Start downloading trial software and give them a go. Within a few days you’ll know what suits you best.

Ashley

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: