[Pro] Error: Blocked a frame with origin "my domain"...

While viewing my website in Safari with the Console open today, I noticed some red-flag errors. No doubt they’ve been that way for ages and I just never noticed them. For example, open the top page of my site in Safari:

If you open Console you won’t see any errors until you mouseover the rollovers on the page. Then the errors will all say something like this:

Blocked a frame with origin "http://www.kiramek.com" from accessing a frame with origin "safari-extension://com.interclue.ultimatestatusbar-725998gksy".  The frame requesting access has a protocol of "http", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "safari-extension". Protocols must match.
FW_Hit
FWSlave
onmouseover

I am just using a standard Rollover Action there. What does a Safari Extension have to do with it?

Check out this page in my site too:

Same kind of error when you mouseover the rollovers. But those were created with ScriptyLightBox3.

By the way, when did FreewayTalk get a facelift and new domain?

–James Wages


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hi James,
In the rollover Action change the ‘Find targets’ setting from ‘top’ to ‘this’. (This is from memory so have a dig around). The Safari extension is, I suspect, adding an iframe into the page and as the rollover is looking for targets in all frames on the page the browser throws an error because the script can’t get access to the source of the iframe. Changing that setting will cause the rollover code to just look in the current page for targets to change.
Regards,
Tim.

FreewayActions.com - Freeware and commercial Actions for Freeway Express & Pro - http://www.freewayactions.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Tim, my apologies for overlooking your kind reply until today.

When I change all my rollovers from ‘top’ to ‘this’ the Safari Console error changes to the following:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'frameset.window')
FW_Hit
FWSlave
onmouseover

New instances of the same error appears each time the same item on the page is rolled-over with the mouse arrow cursor.

So I opened Safari preferences, Disabled the “Ultimate Status Bar” extension, and then I reloaded various pages from my website (all with Rollovers set to ‘top’.) The errors were gone. I then checked with Rollovers set to ‘this’ and found that errors remained (even with the extension Disabled).

So clearly, the only way to kill the errors is to Disable the extension.

Best,

James W.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options