[Pro] Exclude 1 page for Google Engine

Is it possible to exclude only one page on my site for the Google search results?
I do not want my new Privacy-policy page to be found on Google.
And can I still use Google analytic’s for that page?
Thanks, Jaap

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

You can create a text file named robots.txt and upload it to your server, into the same folder as your site’s home page. In that text file, add the following:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /privacy-policy.html

Obviously, change the /privacy-policy part to match the actual filename of your privacy policy page. If your privacy policy is in a sub-folder in your site, then include that as well – the important thing is that the leading slash indicates the “top” of your content tree, meaning whatever folder your main index.html file lives in.

One other caveat – make sure that you use a true plain-text editor to make this file. Apple’s TextEdit in Plain-text mode (Format / Make Plain Text) will do this for free, or there are other fine programmer’s tools you can use as well: BBEdit or TextMate or SublimeText. Don’t use Word or Pages to create this, as that won’t be a plain text file.

Walter

On May 11, 2018, at 3:15 AM, Jaap email@hidden wrote:

Is it possible to exclude only one page on my site for the Google search results?
I do not want my new Privacy-policy page to be found on Google.
And can I still use Google analytic’s for that page?
Thanks, Jaap

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thank you (again;-)) Walter!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden