[Pro] Exhibeo 2 vs last Exhibeo 1

Hi there

I was surprised and upset to find out that Softpress is closing their doors… I was about to purchase Exhibeo 2, but, I’m looking for some feedback from the forum if the new edition is A) better B) stable. I don’t want to purchase and remove my old one that is OK if the new one won’t be developed any longer.

Sad to hear!

Thanks,
-Mike

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

No, it’s not better, it’s not stable and the slide won’t support links, they just won’t open. I bought it nevertheless to financially support Softpress but I don’t use it. It’s crap.

May I suggest Coffeecup’s Responsive Content Slider, this just blew me away. Easy to use, works just great.

–Richard

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for saving me on that one!

The coffeecup app… How do you embed that into FW? I’m guessing it won’t be as straightforward as Exhibeo importing used to be?

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

No it’s not, you’ll have to:

• Menubar > Insert > Markup Item … to insert the slider wherever you want it to appear on your page
  • Add references to the script via Page > HTML Markup …
  • Manually upload the one folder containing the used resources for the slider

It’s not that big a deal, but nevertheless … not straightforward. That’s the price you’ll pay for quality.

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Actually I did use this on a current Freeway project. While talking on the phone with the client I created the slider, inserted it into Freeway and uploaded it before the call was over. Within minutes he could see his slider live.

–Richard

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hey Richard,
Is the licenses unlimited or $99 for each site you use the slider?

Billy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Billy,

the software is not bound to where, how or on how many domains you use the output. Just create stuff and put it up there. :slight_smile:

–Richard

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Hey Richard,
So I’m using the trial version of the Coffee Cup Slider but I’m struggling with the software itself. I’m trying to animate an element on top of my slide but can’t find the Animate Element information in the inspector. Do you have a small example RD file of this that I could study?
Maybe the trial version doesn’t permit some features?

Billy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Richard,

do you think coffee cup is better than Juicebox?

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

I think both are completely different products for entirely different purposes. Juicebox is more intended as image gallery - a slider or carousel is intended to transport a bunch of information on a small space?

Well - I have to admit that I love the slider/carousel concept. But sometimes I have to admit as well, that we have to think about all the stuff we’re used to do each day:

http://shouldiuseacarousel.com

and a bit more in detail

(the “megaphone” effect caught my interest).

Am not sure what I do with this info in future. But I think I’ll try to avoid hero sliders and carousels the best I can.

Cheers

Thomas

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden

Has anyone used Coffee Cup Responsive Slider with several animated elements on a slide and have success with it’s responsive behavior?

Billy

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden