[Pro] Exhibeo aspect ratio's

I am using Exhibeo 2 in a Backdraft site. There are a number of image galleries which have the original images of different dimensions. Exhibeo forces these images into an aspect ratio to create a uniformed look (Photoswipe theme). Is there a way to override this, so that the images are not cropped by the Exhibeo viewer to conform to the set aspect ratio?

Exhibeo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I just got Exhibeo and I ran into this annoyance as my first impression. Not very impressed.

How can I avoid unwanted cropping of my images?

Thanks.

Hi Panchoy,

What theme are you using in Exhibeo?

Some themes (such as Slide) crop images to fit them into the same amount of space, but others (such as Thumblie and Bloxx) don’t do this.

If you switch from a theme in which images have been cropped to a theme in which they don’t need to be cropped, you can remove the cropping by going to the Images view (choose Images from the View menu), selecting the images (choose Select All from the Edit menu), and choosing Reset Thumbnail Transformations and Reset Image Transformations from the Image menu. You can also change the way that images and thumbnails are cropped by choosing image ratios from the Thumbnail Cropping and Image Cropping submenus (also in the View menu).

Hi Jeremy,

That worked perfectly. Is there some documentation somewhere describing all of this great functionality?

All’s well that ends (almost) well.

Given my requirements, your Focus Theme is great, but only AFTER I click on the image stack that comes up first on the upper-left corner of the browser window.

Unfortunately, this tiny thumb (way up in the upper left of the browser window) is not ideal as a first impression for my viewers.

How can I start with the first image within your wonderfully responsive transitions and images?

I tried this but it still insists on starting with the stack:

index.html#exibid1

Almost there. . .

Thanks very much,

Alfredo

Hi Panchoy,

For documentation, choose Exhibeo Help from the Help menu, then click on Show Topics for a list of topics. Scaling and cropping is in the Edit images section.

There isn’t a way to change the Focus theme so that it doesn’t display an initial thumbnail, but you can change the size of the thumbnail: click on Customize theme in the window bar, then use the Thumbnail Scale slider to change the size of the thumbnail.

Another option that might work for you is to use the Slide theme. This normally crops images, but you can prevent that from happening by choosing Scale and pad images to fit in the Scaling popup in the Images section of Customize theme. You can also choose the size of the box that contains the images (just above) and a colour for the box background (just below).

Hi Jeremy,

Excellent suggestions. I’ll continue exploring.

Please consider my feature requests for future versions. I’ll be delighted to beta-test them for you.

Thanks,

Alfredo