[Pro] Facebook "likes" counter reset to zero

Recently checked in to the recently launched site and noticed our 90+ facebook likes had reverted to zero. Any idea if this was caused by something I did in making and uploading small edits to problems that have cropped up since launch that have nothing to do with facebook? Or something else?

And is there any way to recover the lost “likes”?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I haven’t ever had an idea what a “like” is good for and what it technically does. Assumed I click this accidentally or even without having an own and active fb-account … ? All I know is, that Facebook can better collect (important) data from both - site owner and liker (and their relationship).

Whatsoever - there is no further error or warning on the page - everything seems to be there, so I doubt it has to do with uploading/alterations … Freeway or you.

I found this article:

Perhaps a lead?

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Nice site. I just noticed that your FB script is in the head tag, when it should really be in a Markup Item in the main design view of the page. the giveaway is that there’s a

in the of your page - that should never happen.

Joe

On 17 Jun 2015, at 19:50, Peter Laundy email@hidden wrote:

Recently checked in to the recently launched site and noticed our 90+ facebook likes had reverted to zero. Any idea if this was caused by something I did in making and uploading small edits to problems that have cropped up since launch that have nothing to do with facebook? Or something else?

And is there any way to recover the lost “likes”?

www.brockmanfamilyfarming.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Yup! Thanks, Joe.

I went back to the facebook page that generated the code and sure enough it said to put it right after the not, as I had done, the tag.

I wonder how it managed to maintain the count up to 91 with this code misplaced, as I don’t believe until now that I had changed its location since I inserted the code in the wrong place on the Master Page back at the beginning.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden