[Pro] FB like and Pin it buttons

Hi everybody ! I have troubles with two Freeway 5.5 Actions, the Facebook Like button and the Pinterest Pin it button.
I set it on my page in Freeway (two layers on top, url in the document settings, FB buttons settings), ok ; when I preview the page in Freeway, still ok ; when I preview the page on my web browser, the buttons don’t appear ; and when the page is uploaded to the web server online, the buttons don’t appear…
On the same page, there is a Showcase box. Maybe a conflict with it ?
(I think of that because I had a conflict with Showcase action and Background Supersizer action)
Or?.. What am I doing wrong?..
Someone can help, please?
Thanks !

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can you post a link to your online example and we can have a look.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sorry DeltaDave, the web site is still under production, I can’t post an adress here… But, you know, you won’t see anything… there are no buttons appearing… It’s a quite simple page, with a FullBackground action, a picture with text on it, no html box, 4 links boxes (one with Antispam action), showcase box and the two Like and Pin it buttons.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

If the Pinterest button Action is the one I wrote, then that’s your culprit. All the others (I think) use jQuery, and mine uses Prototype. I recommend you find a pin-it button script somewhere that requires jQuery and paste it into a markup item in place of using my Action, since it’s outnumbered here.

Walter

On Aug 29, 2015, at 9:29 AM, laxal email@hidden wrote:

Sorry DeltaDave, the web site is still under production, I can’t post an adress here… But, you know, you won’t see anything… there are no buttons appearing… It’s a quite simple page, with a FullBackground action, a picture with text on it, no html box, 4 links boxes (one with Antispam action), showcase box and the two Like and Pin it buttons.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Waltd, I use the Actions implemented in Freeway 5.5, so is it yours? And sorry, but why do you say it’s my culprit? My fault? I don’t understand what you mean, sorry…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

But, you know, you won’t see anything…

But I will see the underlying code and that will tell me where the problem lies.

However, Walter has suggested that there is a conflict when you use his Pinterest action ( which uses 1 type of javascript library) and then mix it with other javascript libraries on the same page - the other actions you have use the jQuery javascript library.

You should always try to use only 1 javascript library per page to avoid these conflicts.

Try again without the Pinterest action and see if the rest works OK.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks a lot for the explanation, David. That’s usefull to me, now I know what was going on. Obviously, I should have known that, sorry.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden