[Pro] Force a Page to reload from Server

Hello,

I have a web page that is within it own folder on the server, the folder is set up to use the hosting company Password protect feature, not the best i know but it is OK for what i want at present.

All seems to work fine except once you successfully sign in the browser caches the info so the next time you try and use the page the password etc is no longer needed.

I do use some of Caleb’s htaccess hints for refreshing the pages on the root, and i have tried to use a subset of those to force the page within the password protected folder to refresh every 40 or so mins but it does not seem to work.

The code i used was :-

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
  ExpiresActive On
  ExpiresDefault "access 40 minutes"
</IfModule>

However this code is no longer set within the htaccess for this folder.

Anyone have any ideas please how to force this page to do a 100% reload please?

Thank You

John

glandoreyc.com/isaform

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

once you successfully sign in the browser caches the info so the next time you try and use the page the password etc is no longer needed.

This is normal behaviour - info is stored for the duration of the Browser session. That can be until you quit/restart your browser.

how to force this page to do a 100% reload please?

It is not a page reload you require but to end the session. A log out would do it but you would have to go beyond using the Password protected Folder option in cPanel.

David

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Hmmmm…

Thank You Dave, i had the wrong impression about what was really happening…

John

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden