[Pro] form problem

I have Freeway Pro 5.5.

My website has been up for years and I have two forms on it that have worked fine since I started, pre 2007.

Suddenly the form has stopped working.

When I fill it in and click submit, it takes me to that acknowledgment page correctly, but no email turns up with the form information that I have filled in.

Any ideas what might have happened anyone?

Many thanks

Nick

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

One possibility is that the php form script used back on FW5.5 will no longer work on newer versions of php I’m sure that’s happed to me - it was along time ago using FW7. Your hosting provider might have updated to a newer php version (probably php7) which broke and stopped your old FW5.5 form script working.

Another reason could be are you sending the form results to a mailbox on the same provider (i.e. email@hidden when the site is on mydomain.com)? Or are you sending to say email@hidden when the site is on mydomain.com? If the latter personally I’m seeing that a reply form more often needs to be authenticated for that scenario, meaning the script needs to login and send from a dedicated mailbox on mydomain.com so it sends from a mail server rather than the web server. I assume receiving mail servers are upping the anti on what is stopped as spam.

David Owen { Freeway Friendly Web hosting and Domains }

On 9 Sep 2019, at 16:47, nick eve email@hidden wrote:

I have Freeway Pro 5.5.

My website has been up for years and I have two forms on it that have worked fine since I started, pre 2007.

Suddenly the form has stopped working.

When I fill it in and click submit, it takes me to that acknowledgment page correctly, but no email turns up with the form information that I have filled in.

Any ideas what might have happened anyone?

Many thanks

Nick

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options