[Pro] Freeway 4 and Mac OS Compatability

Recently updated my Mac OS to 10.11.16 (El Capitan) which appears to have wiped my older Freeway version and just left me with 5.5, which was not opening my projects (built in Freeway 4).

I downloaded the oldest version of Freeway I could find on the softpress website (5.4.3) but whenever I try to open my website templates with either of these versions, I get an error message saying “the file could not be opened with this version of Freeway 5 Pro”.

Any experience/advice? Thanks!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Hailey,

You can download Freeway 4.4.2 from:

download2.softpress.com/Freeway4Pro442.zip

The Freeway file format changed in Freeway 4, and later versions dropped support for the old file format, so it’s possible that this is why 5.5 is unable to read your document.

I don’t know if I would recommend using 4 for real work, but you might find that if you resave your document with Freeway 4 you can then open it in 5.5 or later.

One other reason why you might see a message saying "the file could not be opened with this version of Freeway” is if the file was actually created with a later version of Freeway.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you very much! Unfortunately I can’t retrieve my serial number to open version 4 (all the possible email addresses I may have used at the time of purchase are linked to my version 5 serial numbers). Two more questions then:

1. Do you know if there’s any way to re-purchase 4.0 since I don’t have the serial # to prove that I already bought it?

2. Do you know if there is any way to convert a Freeway 4 website into a format that can be opened/edited with Freeway 5?

Thanks. Really appreciate the help!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Major relief: turns out my site will open in FW 7, so I’m okay after all. Thanks again for the help! I’m having some issues with my computer that led to this whole fiasco, but Freeway seems to be working fine.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden