[Pro] Freeway 7 Pro Upgrade order from Softpress

I am not a particularly experienced Mac user, only using it to manage our Freeway website. I have upgraded to Freeway 7 Pro from Express, but cannot see how to open our existing website in the new version.

I bet it’s “dead simple”, but…

Help, please!

Martin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

In FW Pro - File > Open and navigate your HD until you find the .freeway file

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks, David. I already tried that.

Our website was built in Freeway 5.5 Express. When doing what you suggest (Applications > Freeway > Freeway Express) the file shown as “Freeway 5.5 Express” is in light grey and cannot be opened…

Martin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I think you may be confusing the Freeway Express application with the documents that it creates. If you launch Express, then hold down the Control key while clicking on the name of the file in the top of the application window, you will see the entire Finder hierarchy to the actual document file. I suspect it may be in your Documents folder, if you didn’t do anything special when saving for the first time. Once you puzzle out where that document is actually saved, you will be able to navigate to it in the Open dialog and open it normally. You will see a one-time warning that you are about to make the document unusable in Express. This is normal, and to be expected. A backup copy will be saved alongside the original, with [Express] in its name, so you can go back (albeit without any of the changes you made within Freeway 7).

Walter

On Mar 27, 2016, at 7:14 AM, Martin Emery email@hidden wrote:

Thanks, David. I already tried that.

Our website was built in Freeway 5.5 Express. When doing what you suggest (Applications > Freeway > Freeway Express) the file shown as “Freeway 5.5 Express” is in light grey and cannot be opened…

Martin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Our website was built in Freeway 5.5 Express.

Have you tried dropping the FW express .freeway file onto the FW Pro application icon?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options