[Pro] Freeway 7 Templates

Hey all Id like to give a plug for Joe’s FW7 templates in the Marketplace. I waited until I had a fairly decent handle on how to make my own wrappers, and Caleb’s Backdraft was great too before I moved to FW7, ( thx Caleb). I have to say the few templates I did get are a great lesson in the various ways there are to construction.
Thx Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hello Carla,
I hope you’re well.

I have a question regarding these FW7 templates, more specifically the “Retro’d”. I understand all of them are customizable, but considering this template is a one page template with a smooth scroll, I’m not sure if I could fit more artworks than the 6 examples the template shows. I have more than 100 image!. Maybe using Showcase or Exhibeo? Sorry if this a very basic question

thanks,
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hey Marcus

I dis not get the pack with Retro’d template but that one is similar to Esperanto. which I love…
the one page with smooth scroll is my new favorite for certain sites, (but without the nauseating background images)

you can easily add wrappers, just copy and insert inline properly. just add the new link on navigation and redo the graphic anchors which lie to the left go the titles. and relink them. I hope that makes sense. feel free to ask me anything… I prefer Exhibeo app to Showcase
good luck

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you very much, Carla.

Yes, that makes sense. You’re right, Exhibeo app is also responsive and will look much better
I will definitely give it a try. If I have any doubt I’ll let you know.

thanks again, :slight_smile:
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hey Carla,
I already have a question.

I downloaded the Retro’d template and just to take a live look I uploaded on the back of my website. However, I realized that it has a problem. When you click on any link on the navigation, such as “artwork”, “photography”, “movies”…etc it scrolls to the wrap, but almost cuts the whole title go it.
Do you have any idea why and how to fix it? I tried to change the hiperlinks but didn’t work.
Please take a look on my link bellow and compare to the Marketplace link which is perfect and let me know,

Again, thanks for any help

My Retro’d example:
http://www.plusartgraphics.com/test/newplusart/

Marketplace Retro’d sample:
http://template.softpress.com/retrod/?_ga=1.162165500.1739040303.1433207409

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes Marcus that is an odd one… and most probably a question for Joe at softpress.
from what I can see, the anchor may be small icon to the left of the title PHOTOGRAPHY, so It should scroll nicely. Take a look and see if the anchor is applied to that correctly, and also email softpress. they are very helpful
sorry I could not be more helpful

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Carla, no problem. :slight_smile:

Yes, its an odd one.
I looked carefully but didn’t find any anchor, just a hyperlink #photography
I will send an email to Joe asap, so he can give me a tip to fix it

Thanks a lot!
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yep - (I assume, cause I’d never use a template except of my own), there aren’t any (hard coded) anchors, but links to items on the page (e.g. #artwork). Double check this by selecting a link and open the hyperlink dialogue.

Next assumption is, that the smooth scroll is done by action. Within this action, there is an “Offset from Top”. Perhaps there is a wrong value in (such as default 0). Adjust this to the height of the fixed header.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Adjust this to the height of the fixed header.

That is exactly what he is doing wrong. No offset value. Try 100px.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Dear Thomas and David,
thanks for your prompt help.

Yes, the smooth scroll is done by action, however the only command the action has is “effect duration”, which is set to 0.6. It goes from 0.1 to 1.

There’s no “offset” option
I may be looking at wrong place

Please let me know
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Action Version Number 0.5.4 does show offset (which is the latest version - I think).

Keep your actions up-to-date!!

Cheers

Thomas

http://actionsforge.com/actions/smoothscroll

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Smooth Scroll is a page action. Not sure why you only see ‘effect duration’ and not ‘offset from top’ which should just be below it. Is the action the latest version?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes! Thanks, Thomas.

That was the problem. Action was outdated.
Now it is working like a charm

Is there an automatic way to keep all the actions updated?

Best regards,
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Noel,

No. My action was outdated. Now it is working
Thanks,
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thxs Thomas for the tip. I had smooth scroll 0.5.2 also yikes!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hello all,
Good morning!

I have a problem with another template. “Esperanto”. When I open it on any browser and go to “Gallery” it doesn’t look centered and the showcase wrapper (gallery image) does not shrink together with the browse as it was supposed to. The original template at Marketplace does.

Please open the link bellow, go to “Gallery”, take a look, and let me know what I am missing. I updated every action and also looked the showcase wrapper settings, but have no clue at all…

My link: http://plusartgraphics.com/test/newplusart/
Softpress Market place link: http://plusartgraphics.com/test/newplusart/

I really appreciate any help.
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

that’s the link of the same template at Marketplace:
http://template.softpress.com/esperanto/?_ga=1.242994818.1207927895.1435789327

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Never mind. Thank you very much, but I found the solution on another thread here:

Exhibeo action was outdated. I don’t know why, but that it doesn’t update just by double clicking as I used to do before, but had to open Library/Application Support/Freeway pro/Actions to add it manually.

Thanks again,
Marcus

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi everyone.
I’ve been working for the last couple of days on the Esperanto template and started to customize some details. I changed, for example, the main graphic with an Exhibeo slideshow . Its not final, its just an example, however, when I choose the option “Enter full screen” from Safari or any browser, the image doesn’t look centered. I’ve tried all combinations I could imagine, but I can’t find the way to do this. Responsive Freeway 7 is very nice, but my knowledge isn’t enough and I can’t find enough tutorials on freeway either.

I appreciate any help

Here’s the link:
http://www.plusartgraphics.com/test/newplusart/

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I would check to make sure that you have the most recent version of Exhibeo.

The problem depends on how you define the problem…

1. either the image should fill the available area created by making the page wider
  2. or it should not grow larger but stay centered in the available area.

The answer to either lies in the Exhibeo/Freeway generated css file slide-styles.css for the item #m6_exhibid.

1. deleting the rule max-width: 1767px will make the slide expand to fit the available width, or
  2. adding the rule margin: 0 auto; will center the slide regardless of the available width.

You should pick and try just one solution.

The #m6_exhibid element is created automatically by Freeway and Exhibeo… from the Exhibeo Import action that in your file has been named m6 in the Freeway workspace. I am not familiar with the template, so I don’t know for sure what combination of efforts created the problem. It is likely the template author and the Exhibeo team did not anticipate something the other had done, and likely some future version of either will take that into account. I understand you may not be comfortable with code (or that you may expect that you shouldn’t be required to tamper with it) but the easiest solution to your problem is as I’ve outlined.

PS, rather than piggy-backing onto this thread, you probably should have made it a new thread in the Exhibeo forum.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden