[Pro] Freeway 8

A little update on Retroactive for Aperture:

Today I’ve been poking around a bit more and have come across a couple of little hiccups.

• Full-Screen mode ‘unexpectedly quits’ Aperture, if you use the F key to return to normal view … when using dual-monitor setup. Using the ESC key seems to avoid the problem, but not always. I’m guessing it has to do with Spaces, which Aperture seems to want to use for Full-Screen. I’m not having the problem when there is no second monitor attached.

More importantly, but with an easy workaround:

• Add Adjustments drop-down menu (in the Inspector) is empty unless Aperture is launched via Retroactive.

Workaround:

Add ALL or preferred Adjustments (and/or Quick Brushes) to an Effect, or to several Effects, via the Effects drop-down, which still shows up. From there you can simply choose an ‘Effect’ when you want to edit an image and the associated Adjustments will be added to any Adjustments have already been applied to the image. You could of course, just re-create the Add Adjustment drop-down menu entirely in the Effects drop-down menu.
Alternatively … launch Aperture via Retroactive each time, but, that said, I’m getting Aperture wanting to Repair Libraries after launch from Retroactive, although I haven’t had time to really scrutinise this.

Other than that, I have had the long standing issue (for me) of Aperture not making Previews for certain raw image types (RAF and ORF and even struggling with NEF files). I’ve found with this hacked version, that I can choose to Reprocess Originals and it doesn’t help … but if I do it a second time, it works! So I’ve actually improved something with this hack. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: