[Pro] Freeway Alternative - Blocs

Hey James, yes 2.4 is just about to go into beta.

So the Blocs website was made with version 2.0 of Blocs I’ve been meaning to update it as would be a lot better now if I built it in 2.3.

Anyway , the score! So a lot of warnings refer to minifying the HTML, CSS and JS. Blocs can do this on export but with the Blocs landing page I opted not to minifying because I know some will want to inspect code quality. Exporting and minifying alone would probably bump the site into the 70s. Then switch gzip on and extend the cache ( server side stuff) and it’ll most likely pop into the 90s. I might switch those on actualy.

Anyway as you can see the Blocs landing page isn’t a great example for web optimisation but that’s partially intentially as I stated above regarding allowing folks to inspect source code. In general Blocs sites are pretty fast with good hosting and can be optimised to score much higher scores quit literally by switching minifying on when you export.

On a side note, really glad to see FreeWay return from the Flames. I look forward to what comes next.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: