[Pro] Freeway Alternative - Blocs

I haven’t become a full-fledged Blocs user yet. But I must admit that back in 1999 what drew me to Freeway was its extreme ease of use. To me at the time, Freeway was as intuitive and easy to use on the Mac as MacPaint was in 1984. That’s why I have continued to use Freeway Pro all these years. In like manner, Blocs is extremely easy to use when it comes to building Responsive websites, but unfortunately Freeway is not.

Softpress is back from the netherworld, but we’ve seen nothing about how a new version may approach the building of Responsive websites more easily.

I first started thinking about Blocs in June 2016 when Softpress decided to throw in the towel. And although I was attracted to Blocs at the time, I still have a lot of sites built in Freeway to maintain. I promised myself at the time that when the next major new version of Blocs came out, I would start investigating. The reason I am so intensely investigating Blocs now is because version 2.4 is that “major revision” I was waiting for. Thankfully, Norm made his beta versions public, allowing me to dive in and test, and to make suggestions for improvement. I would strongly suggest that all Freeway users do the same. Why not try to make something better if you can? You never know if you’re going to end up using it.

The only major thing that’s missing from Blocks right now is a responsive “table creation tool.” I use tabular data a lot on my existing Freeway sites, and it’s easy to make old style non-responsive tables in Freeway. So I would want the equivalent feature and ease of use in any responsive web design tool I ultimately choose.

Anyone who wants to follow my thoughts on Blocs can just go over to the Blocs forum and see my posts there.

Look, I’ve been a Freeway user for a very long time and I would love to see Freeway present me with something that could rival the ease of use that Blocs offers when it comes to building Responsive websites. But I can’t just sit around waiting. I feel compelled to do something, and I don’t think it’s wrong to work towards making Blocs a better app. I would be happy to do the same if Softpress decides to make their betas public.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: