[Pro] Freeway Alternative - Blocs

Norm,

If you have time and don’t mind, I have 2 more questions for you, pertaining to fundamental things we all put on pretty much any website:

1. NAVIGATION
  2. SITE SEARCH

I found a YouTube video that shows how to create a basic navigation bar with drop-down menus here:

But is it possible to use Blocs 2 to create more complex drop downs that have many links in a multi-column format? For example, have a look at the following site and click on the “ALL” menu to see and example of what I mean (that example has 10 columns of links):

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/technology/

And the second point is about Site Search. I currently use Google Custom Search on my Freeway built site now, which allows me to create a results page that seamlessly integrates into my site design. Obviously, I would want something similar if I use Blocs to create websites. But more than just choosing which search service to use, the look and feel of the search bar/field itself is a point of interest. I would consider Apple’s implementation on Apple.com to be quite modern, easy to use, and pleasing to the eye. Clicking it clears off the entire navigation bar to give the user plenty to space for search. It’s a nifty idea, but how would one implement it in Blocs.

One again, my apologies for the many questions, but I only ask because I am seriously considering the capabilities of Blocs 2 and trying to see what needs it can fill. I’m sure your answers in this thread will help other Freeway users who also are considering Blocs 2 for purchase.

Sincerely,

James W.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: