[Pro] Freeway Alternative - Mobirise

Tim,

While I join you in appreciating Norm’s hesitation in speaking about competitive products (even for the sake of not giving them free advertising by the mere invoking of their name), the fact remains that the entire Freeway user base will be needing a Freeway replacement at some point and we therefore are doing the leg work now to compare a variety of apps on our own. But as we do that, some critically important differences among products may not be readily apparent to us, even after reviewing a trial app or briefly scanning documentation. Therein lies the basis for my query to Norm about what “sets Blocs apart.” The question is valid and can be answered without “badmouthing” anyone or other apps. Consider well what has long set Freeway apart from other apps, which is mere truth that exists regardless of those other apps.

I don’t seek badmouthing. I seek an objective set of facts that aid in the decision making process on what is the best Freeway alternative for me and for those like-minded, noting that not all are like me and therefore our final app selections will differ.

For example, we know that Joe Workman has not only embraced RapidWeaver but he has expanded it with Foundation. In contrast, we know Blocs is built upon Bootstrap, as you just mentioned. And although you did say “bootstrap is a core” framework, no specifics were given about the merits of Bootstrap versus Foundation.

While something entirely different, I know, Freeway was at its core an aging MacApp program. That underlying framework was great in its heyday but became outdated many years ago. Again, I know that Foundation and Boostrap are a very different category of things than MacApp, but looking at “the core” of an app tells us about the app. Bootstrap versus Foundation. And other valid and important comparisons can and should be made as well.

If I can get an insider to give me important clues as to why I should choose an app above others out there, I am going to try my best to glean that information, even if some consider it bordering on badmouthing other products. But for the record, I am not seeking a reply that says, “Our UI beats theirs, hands-down, and they will never catch up with us.” I agree that would be badmouthing (and interestingly sounds a bit like how Apple talks about itself), but that’s not what I seek. Just give me a tactful answer like, “I can’t speak for competitive products, but here are the lesser known aspects of our app that you may find interesting or important.”

That’s it in a nutshell.

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: