[Pro] Freeway Alternative part 2 (Muse).

As promised my point to Adobe Muse,…

There are some interesting web applications out there and I don`t like to convince someone here, I rather like to share my experience. Everybody has different needs and so are the applications. I have checked F o u n d a t i o n F r a m e r of Coffee Cups and A d o b e M u s e for some days now. The first has simply not the right chemistry (for me), but Muse has its convincing points.

I am truly not fan of paying each month though, but the advantages seem to outnumber the disadvantages. I rely on my business and it must go on as quickly and with minimum of extra time as possible. So I am willing to pay more in order to get a well thought out application, which allows good workflows and a stable future. (Many of my FW clients websites are not yet responsive, so they have to be build / paid new anyway if clients wish so - no matter which application. )

My background:

In my office (web and print) I work with Adobe Illustrator as main tool and the workflow between Illustrator and Muse are excellent, it has been much improved in the last update.
(Export svg, you can even import .ai files in Muse and change them in AI, which is great. True for PS).

Also the tools of making resonsive design, adapting design in smaller breakpoints seems to me surprisingly easy (They have updated Muse recently with some solid tools) .And main point: I feel much MORE FREE in DESIGN than in FW 7, which is great! There are „ widgets“, kind of actions: some free, some paid, which allow to extend the sites (without coding). Muse is not yet perfect though ;)!

I still become acquainted with Muse and to be honest I don`t know at this stage, if these who love to use a CMS and external code will be happy…
For now here are my points:
Very good learning material, videos, tutorials
surprisingly low learning curve if you are used to PS or AI (intuitive handling)
constantly improving / updates
a well thought out application (sorry no time to explain all I have discovered….)
Familiar tools: Master pages, easy creating different breakpoints and adapting its design, easy creating styles, …easy defining of single items behavior (width,height behaviour, scale to browser width, positioning in browser or page,…), integration of fonts/webfonts,…
a lot of external resources to extend websites, just found an „action“ that allows me to use all these nice css transitions easily at items
I would love to be in contact with other Muse-Newbies, just to share and exchange.
Please contact me, if you are interested in exchange.

Hanna

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: