[Pro] Freeway Alternative part 2 (Muse).

Another good thing about Adobe Muse is that you can set up temporary sites on business catalyst, at no charge, which is rather useful for client proofing and comments. Just the other day this come to the fore when discussing some elements on pages on a website with a client before their meeting with colleagues.

Elizabeth

On 26 Jul 2016, at 9:04 AM, Elizabeth email@hidden wrote:

Here, here Trev, I find Muse to be very enjoyable to use, dare I say it, far more enjoyable than FW ever was. There is so much more one can do with it, I’m currently upgrading/redesigning a client’s website that I did in FW a few years ago and was amazed at how far I’ve grown since changing to Muse for most of the websites that work on. This is the only site left that I had in FW. I really love the amount of undo’s, the auto-save/recover if for some reason I need to do a force restart on my Mac and there are so many widgets available, some paid (at low cost) and free available. On the other side there isn’t the FW community of FWtalk, but there is plenty of help available if needed and there are many videos on YouTube. Plus there are regular Muse Jam sessions for learning different things.

Elizabeth

On 25 Jul 2016, at 11:57 PM, Trevreav email@hidden wrote:

Right, as soon as I’ve written this, I’m going to duck for cover!

Being and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign user, I thought I’d give Muse a crack, as a lot of the interface is very similar.

Maybe the UI is swaying my judgement, but I’m really enjoying the learning experience - little bits of frustration combined with “HA! That’s how it works”.

From my very limited (2 days) play with it, I’m pretty sure it’s not as in depth as the the pro users (Thomas, Ernie, Walter Tim etc) could go with Freeway, however, for someone who’s main job is an illustrator who just happens to get a few sites from time to time, on the surface it seems right up my street.

Another thing that appeals to me is that I probably won’t forget how to do things because of the familiarity with the interface, and this was one of my big problems with Freeway. After a few months away from it, I could just about remember how to start a site.

I’m sure i’m missing on a out a lot of features because I’m not sure of different terminology or under which menu they may be hidden (i.e.: I can’t see how to have padding or margins on DIVS), but it’s slowly coming together in my head.

I’m now running for cover………
………Good luck everyone with whatever path you choose to follow after Apple updates itself a couple of times and Freeway can no longer take the strain. A great shame, but these things happen

Trev

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden