[Pro] Freeway Alternative part 2 (Muse).

To answer a few questions:

IBE is In Browser Editing.

A clients amendments to their site via IBE are NOT overwritten when you upload your site again via Muse. Muse and IBE are synced automatically everytime you open a Muse job - Muse asks if you’d like to accept the clients changes and walks you though what they are.

I’d recommend Muse Themes as a main widget supplier. I wouldn’t recommend QooQee or 123Muse.com, from experience.

Some widgets from a few vendors just plainly don’t work, so be careful where you purchase from. Some vendors are pretty poor at customer service too. But generally most widgets/vendors are excellent.

You are correct that a large number of Muse’s built in widgets are not responsive yet. They are working through them at the moment and will no doubt be updated soon. Muse is developing at breakneck speed at the moment with new features every few months (or every few weeks in you sign up to the Muse beta).

Regarding a dedicated CMS, I’ll await Agent from Muse-Themes, given the quality of their support and widgets to date. I’ve used MuseXpress but its not quite there yet in terms of bugs although its VERY powerful.

For anyone interested, here’s my own site that’s in beta. I know lots of things don’t work yet and its far from tested but its a start!

http://connectcreative301.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: