[Pro] FREEWAY BACK

As someone who has worked with developers there’s no real point to monthly updates.

“I wrote some code. I had to do a few other jobs because writing code doesn’t bring in revenue in the meantime.”

I don’t really see how any details on the coding would help us and doing reports is just one more thing to do for the coders.

Given, that Softpress is probably a very small operation, the time to get notification is when he invites some long time users into an internal beta. And, those people will likely be under NDA unless and until there’s a public beta.

They’d have no reason to lie about continued development unless one though they were simply trying to milk a dead product with a few more sales of the current very old version under the reuse that a new version is coming. Personally I seriously doubt that’s the case.

Of course everyone is always free to move on to other software. As to “waiting,” some of us are still here because either the current version is still somewhat serviceable and/or thought that the features and functions were interesting enough to believe a new version would be equally useful. Heck, some can even go away and come back if/when the time comes and the new product is attractive enough.

Sure I’d like to know what’s up but if there’s silence for the time being I’ll assume there’s good cause. They haven’t pronounced they’ve given up and it costs me nothing in the meantime to keep using Freeway or… to move to another product either temporarily or long term.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: