[Pro] FREEWAY BACK

Now, now, Steve Farber, you did say “I’m done.” Your follow-up jibe against Frank implies you actually aren’t done. But broken promises aside, you need to do what is best for you and your business. And no manner of complaining in this thread will magically transform SoftPress. If you do actually wish to do something proactive, I would suggest you contact Richard Logan. He is the Big Cheese who runs the show in Oxford.

Andries, one cannot castigate SoftPress for “possibly” having a single senior engineer on a software rewrite when Blocs is written by one man, as are many other apps. Steve Wozniak was really the lone engineer who brought Apple from a hobby to a business, along with the sales governance and drive of Steve Jobs. Remember well that Woz and Jobs came down with Mono after working 4 straight days to build the first Apple I, and yet sickness did not halt the progression of their business.

And again, we don’t know how many engineers are hard at work on the next generation of Freeway. If you are concerned about this, and it’s clear you certainly must be concerned in light of how much time you’ve taken to post in this thread whilst having your own business to run, I can only suggest the same to you – contact Richard Logan. Perhaps he will offer you some interesting insider tidbits.

Does Freeway Pro 7 allow us to create “modern” websites? Well, if “modern” is defined as “fully responsive, with looks similar to Apple.com,” then the answer would be a resounding “no.” But if one wants to get a website online without caring too much about being perfectly responsive, then the existing product does work. I still use Freeway to change my existing sites, which admittedly are not responsive. That’s also why I have evaluated other options, should SoftPress ultimately not be able to deliver a SWIFT rewrite that also empowers us to create Responsive Websites with ease. Specifically, I have looked long and hard at Blocs. I’ve been participating in their Beta program too. I find that more fulfilling and potentially rewarding that merely complaining here about what Freeway currently cannot do or what it might not be able to deliver. I have been replying back to this thread time and time again to spar with complainers – but I do that for fun. :slight_smile:

Am I an apologist for SoftPress? No. Admittedly, I did attend a couple Macworld Expos here in Japan many years ago when the company I worked for at the time sold the Japanese version, but that hasn’t been true in years. I am not an apologist but I am also not an antagonist. If anything, I have a love and admiration for Freeway and the people who develop it that has often resulted in my hotly criticizing Freeway in places where criticism is due and at times when I could see that my criticism would invoke change. So the reason I have not joined the chorus of voices body-slamming Freeway in this thread is obvious – I see no tangible benefit. But I will be honest with you. I would much rather see a new email in my mailbox from SoftPress announcing a new version of Freeway than another email telling me someone else has added a complaint to this thread.

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: