[Pro] FREEWAY BACK

I became a Freeway user back in 1999 when it was at version 2 and advertised as, “For those who don’t see the world as code.“ I still don’t see the world is code, even though I sometimes program microcontrollers in assembly. I like a WYSIWYG GUI. Freeway gives me that GUI for legacy web layouts but not for Responsive designs. I’ve taken a lot of heat from the “pros“ here on FreewayTalk for daring to ask for an easier means of creating a responsive website in Freeway. That’s still what I’m looking for; and no, I don’t mean a “template based” web design tool either.

I would like to move my existing corporate sites to a responsive design sometime this year. Whether that happens in Freeway or not will depend on the release of the new version of Freeway. If Softpress once again falters or otherwise does not produce a product this year, then I may decide to go with Blocs, especially if they add a responsive table feature for tabular data, along with an easy means of adding a site wide search feature like Google Custom Search.

I remain loyal to Freeway for now. But I’m itching to do something that’s fully responsive, yet which maintains all of the features and tabular data that my existing Freeway sites presently offer.

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: