[Pro] Freeway Crashing

I have completely revamped my website. I am ready to upload it. When I try, Freeway Pro crashes.

I don’t know if I need to update my version (I am using 5.4.1) but really don’t want to pay again for the software if it is not going to work. Nor do I want to upgrade if I am going to have to completely redo weeks of work.

Is Freeway still a valid product? Is Softpress still in business?

Is there a way-- phone, chat or email-- to get direct tech support?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Steven,

AFAIK, the forums is the best way to get tech support. Softpress is still in business in a limited capacity and are working on a ground-up rewrite of Freeway.

I’d recommend downloading the latest version of Freeway (it has a 30-day free trial) and see if it’s still crashing: http://www.softpress.com/download.php?id=FreewayPro7

Just make sure that you have a backup of your .freeway file (you can’t open a Freeway Pro 7 file in v5).

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Steven to upgrade freeway (if you have a serial number) is $19 so its really a no brainer to upgrade freeway

Max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks… this much seems to have worked, so not crashing once I opened it in Freeway 7. Now a new issue-- when I try to upload the new version of the website, I get the pop-up window and fill in the required info. It then moves to the upload process but it times out while the "Comparing files message is displayed. It has an “items remaining” count that stays the same. The item count is 4087. Does this mean that Freeway runs out of time? I have not had that issue before. Do I need to completely remove the old version of the website and upload the new one as an entirely new file?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I would try this:

1. In Freeway, add a subfolder to the Directory part of the Document Setup dialog. So if right now it reads public_html, add /temp to the end, so it reads public_html/temp.

2. Using your hosting provider cPanel or an SFTP app like Transmit, add that folder inside the web root (whatever your hosting provider has named it, I’m just guessing public_html here).

3. Upload. It should be very direct, since there’s nothing to compare.

If that works, and you can see the site by visiting your.site.name/temp, then you can use SFTP or the cPanel to delete everything inside public_html and change the Directory setting back in Freeway and upload again.

Walter

On Jan 11, 2019, at 11:45 AM, Steven email@hidden wrote:

Thanks… this much seems to have worked, so not crashing once I opened it in Freeway 7. Now a new issue-- when I try to upload the new version of the website, I get the pop-up window and fill in the required info. It then moves to the upload process but it times out while the "Comparing files message is displayed. It has an “items remaining” count that stays the same. The item count is 4087. Does this mean that Freeway runs out of time? I have not had that issue before. Do I need to completely remove the old version of the website and upload the new one as an entirely new file?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options