[Pro] Freeway doesn't open in Mojave

So I installed Mojave on my machine, as the authorities on this forum said both Freeway and Xway would run fine on it. However, when I try to open Freeway (latest version) this message pops up:

“Freeway Pro cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Freeway Pro works with this version of macOS.”

A little bit of a bummer, I must say.

But Xway runs fine.

I appreciate any suggestions what to do.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Are you running the very latest version of Freeway? (7.1.4, IIRC.) I am running 7.1.3 here on Mojave, with no issues.

Walter

On Nov 21, 2019, at 10:04 AM, Jon H email@hidden wrote:

So I installed Mojave on my machine, as the authorities on this forum said both Freeway and Xway would run fine on it. However, when I try to open Freeway (latest version) this message pops up:

“Freeway Pro cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Freeway Pro works with this version of macOS.”

A little bit of a bummer, I must say.

But Xway runs fine.

I appreciate any suggestions what to do.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Walter, it is 7.1.4. The llRC I don’t know about.

Should I as a starter uninstall Freeway and download again?

Oh, and thanks for responding.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

IIRC means “If I Recall Correctly”. It was an editorial comment on the stability of my long-term memory, nothing more.

I would try uninstalling and re-installing. You should not need to re-serialize the app if all you do is drag it to the trash and download again. But do be sure you have your serial number handy, nonetheless.

Walter

On Nov 21, 2019, at 11:02 AM, Jon H email@hidden wrote:

Walter, it is 7.1.4. The llRC I don’t know about.

Should I as a starter uninstall Freeway and download again?

Oh, and thanks for responding.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ll uninstall completely and see what happens.

Out of curiosity, back in the day, why did you not upgrade to 7.1.4?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Just uninstalled and installed again from Softpress. Same thing.

This is the start of the error report:

Process: Freeway Pro [5839]
Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/Freeway Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Freeway Pro
Identifier: com.softpress.FreewayPro
Version: 7.1.4 (7.1.4)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Freeway Pro [5839]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-11-21 17:23:30.387 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G103)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 5258C7DB-EEBC-86E8-1BA0-FA2068CE3B1D

Time Awake Since Boot: 6000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: disabled

Notes: Translocated Process

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x2] Wrong architecture

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: stat() failed with errno=45
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: mach-o, but wrong architecture

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I have reinstalled Freeway, rebooted the imac, deleted the Freeway plist file.

And I’m stuck.

Any more suggestions from somebody? If not I suppose downgrading to El Capitan (I upgraded to Mojave with a workaround) via Time Machine is my only option and wait for Xway until I get a newer machine.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

It’s not likely that this is related to Freeway at all. The problem is most likely in your system installation. This framework is being called (indirectly) by Freeway, but it’s not a part of Freeway – it’s a core part of MacOS. The fact that it’s not working here means it’s probably going to be tripped up by another app that does graphic manipulation too.

Walter

On Nov 21, 2019, at 11:29 AM, Jon H email@hidden wrote:

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework/Versions/A/SkyLight: stat() failed with errno=45

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you.

Back to El Capitan, then.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

For what it’s worth. Freeway 7.1.4 works fine on my Mac using Mojave. Zero issues so far.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

…does it work with CaTALINA

On Nov 22, 2019, at 5:11 PM, Jim Feeney email@hidden wrote:

For what it’s worth. Freeway 7.1.4 works fine on my Mac using Mojave. Zero issues so far.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

There it is again (sigh) …

On 22 Nov 2019, 10:12 pm, g dematteis wrote:

…does it work with CaTALINA

… no it doesn’t.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 22 Nov 2019, 10:11 pm, Jim Feeney wrote:

Yes, I don’t think downgrading to a previous version of macOS will fix the problem necessarily.

I upgraded to Mojave with a workaround

What was the workaround? I suspect this might be causing the issue.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The thing is I have an old iMac (early 2008) which has worked great through all the years. Admittedly I’ve done some improvements, put in an SSD, more memory, new mike, etc.

When I found out there’s a possibility of installing Mojave on this old beast I gave it a try. And it worked fine. Until I wanted to open Freeway. Which didn’t happen, as you saw.

You can read about the workaround here: macOS Mojave Patcher

I’ve got time machine backups, so I plan to erase mojave and reinstall El Capitan from that, looking after old Freeway sites. And then wait for the new generation of iMacs. With beautifully slender bezels. And Xway.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I considered using one of his workarounds when I had a 2009 MBP as my primary Mac but never got around to it. It’s possible it doesn’t install everything, but I don’t have that impression. I don’t know why you’re having that issue.

Good luck with the restore.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden