[Pro] Freeway Pro 7.1.4 problem

On my Mac running OSX 10.13 beta 3, Freeway Pro 7.1.4 is now running but with some problem that I need clarification

1. When Freeway Pro start, the splash screen pop up but no content shown on the splash screen. There is only blank splash screen with text read: Not found: The requested URL /Splash/70/en/full.html was not found on this server.

2. Check for Update fail with a dialog read: Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information; are you connected to the internet? Please try again later.

The rest seems to be OK. My Internet connection is perfect as I am sending this post. What go wrong with this?

Fix please

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Help and clarify please

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Sanchai,

It seems from your email that the ColorSync problem (which others reported) has gone away in the latest beta - so that’s good news!

On 14 Jul 2017, at 05:14, Sanchai Thiewprasertkul email@hidden wrote:

On my Mac running OSX 10.13 beta 3, Freeway Pro 7.1.4 is now running but with some problem that I need clarification

1. When Freeway Pro start, the splash screen pop up but no content shown on the splash screen. There is only blank splash screen with text read: Not found: The requested URL /Splash/70/en/full.html was not found on this server.

I don’t know why this is happening, but I believe there’s a checkbox which will let you turn off the splash screen altogether (“Don’t show again” or something like that). I’ve always done that (splash screens are annoying).

1. Check for Update fail with a dialog read: Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information; are you connected to the internet? Please try again later.

The rest seems to be OK. My Internet connection is perfect as I am sending this post. What go wrong with this?

I think that “Check for Updates” was disabled because of a security problem in Sparkle (check for updates software) so this happens on any version of macOS. There are more recent versions of Sparkle, but they are not compatible with Freeway.

It would have been better if the option was removed entirely.

Fix please

The situation with Freeway is that it’s more useful for me to spend time working on a Cocoa (64-bit) replacement than on fixing bugs in the current version - unless they are critical. But I think it’s worth reporting bugs on this list, so that people can suggest workarounds.

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Could this be due to the new filesystem Apple introduces with macOS High Sierra?

– Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden