[Pro] Freeway Pro 7 ask for ColorSync and refuse to run as usual

I have reformatted my Mac and now it is running OSX 10.13 beta 1 (clean install) and I have to reinstall every apps from scratch.

I have installed Freeway Pro 7. After installed, I start the app, a dialog pop up stated that I have to install ColorSync from the Product CD.

My system is a clean installed OSX 10.13 beta 1. What can I do to get Freeway Pro 7 up and running again

Help and support please

Regards
Sanchai Thiewprasertkul
Bangkok, Thailand

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Easy dont run beta, its not fully compatible

On Jun 16, 2017, at 15:36, Sanchai Thiewprasertkul email@hidden wrote:

I have reformatted my Mac and now it is running OSX 10.13 beta 1 (clean install) and I have to reinstall every apps from scratch.

I have installed Freeway Pro 7. After installed, I start the app, a dialog pop up stated that I have to install ColorSync from the Product CD.

My system is a clean installed OSX 10.13 beta 1. What can I do to get Freeway Pro 7 up and running again

Help and support please

Regards
Sanchai Thiewprasertkul
Bangkok, Thailand

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

What actually is Colorsyc, and why this us linked to Freeway Pro? Can some experthere explain please

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

ColorSync is a framework build into Mac OS. It has been there since the year dot (well, 89 or 91 or so). It’s interesting that your beta install is missing it, but betas are not for the timid. I would roll your Mac back to a production version of the OS and wait until the next version is a little more baked. I doubt sincerely that ColorSync is going away, since it’s a foundation element in the OS – it ensures that colors render faithfully.

Walter

On Jun 17, 2017, at 2:12 AM, Sanchai Thiewprasertkul email@hidden wrote:

What actually is Colorsyc, and why this us linked to Freeway Pro? Can some experthere explain please

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve experienced the same problem. I installed macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Freeway Pro 7 won’t start. Prompts me to install ColorSync™ from the product CD.

But: the ColorSync utility is installed! I can open it, use it…
I guess, since Freeway is no longer updated or supported, there won’t be any chance to use it ever again.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 4 Jul 2017, 3:24 pm, Justin wrote:

I’ve experienced the same problem. I installed macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Freeway Pro 7 won’t start. Prompts me to install ColorSync™ from the product CD.

I guess, since Freeway is no longer updated or supported, there won’t be any chance to use it ever again.

So you didn’t read all that text that was displayed to you before installing beta software?

The point of beta software is to find problems with it before it goes on general release. So the idea is that you report these bugs to Apple and they try and fix them prior to releasing the gold master. That’s it. There is no other reason to install it, other than I suppose idle curiosity. FW runs just fine on the current release of the MacOS.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 4 Jul 2017, at 16:24, Justin wrote:

I’ve experienced the same problem. I installed macOS 10.13 High
Sierra, Freeway Pro 7 won’t start. Prompts me to install ColorSync™
from the product CD.

I guess, since Freeway is no longer updated or supported, there won’t
be any chance to use it ever again.

Maybe it’s been moved so it’s not where FW expects to find it. At El
Cap it’s in /Applications/Utilities, but over the last few releases
some Utilities have moved into /Library/…. If that’s the case a link
(and maybe the odd extra folder
should fix it.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 6 Jul 2017, 6:04 am, grantsymon wrote:

On 4 Jul 2017, 3:24 pm, Justin wrote:

So you didn’t read all that text that was displayed to you before installing beta software?

The point of beta software is to find problems with it before it goes on general release. So the idea is that you report these bugs to Apple and they try and fix them prior to releasing the gold master. That’s it. There is no other reason to install it, other than I suppose idle curiosity. FW runs just fine on the current release of the MacOS.

Of course I did read the texts and I know what beta software is for. I am a developer and of course I already sent feedback to Apple. Let’s just wait and see.

@David thanks, I will try that!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

My guess (I’m not using the High Sierra beta) is that this could be a problem with the way that Freeway detects the presence of ColorSync - in which case I expect we will fix it.

Jeremy

–

On 6 Jul 2017, at 09:36, David Ledger email@hidden wrote:

Maybe it’s been moved so it’s not where FW expects to find it. At El Cap it’s in /Applications/Utilities, but over the last few releases some Utilities have moved into /Library/…. If that’s the case a link (and maybe the odd extra folder
should fix it.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve made a small change to the way that Freeway tests for the presence of ColorSync. Is there anyone here who can test this with a High Sierra beta?

I tried emailing Justin but haven’t heard back.

Jeremy

–

On 6 Jul 2017, at 15:14, Jeremy Hughes email@hidden wrote:

My guess (I’m not using the High Sierra beta) is that this could be a problem with the way that Freeway detects the presence of ColorSync - in which case I expect we will fix it.

Jeremy

–

On 6 Jul 2017, at 09:36, David Ledger email@hidden wrote:

Maybe it’s been moved so it’s not where FW expects to find it. At El Cap it’s in /Applications/Utilities, but over the last few releases some Utilities have moved into /Library/…. If that’s the case a link (and maybe the odd extra folder
should fix it.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden