[Pro] Freeway Pro 7, Send Form Action

Freeway Pro 7, Send Form Action

In particular in:

Send form Action > Use Item for senders name

The address fields for text, phone number, email etc are not showing. What is showing are other items that have a drop down menu.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

If you want to provide a set of recipient options to the Send Form Action, then you need to add a user-adjustable menu to the form where they can do so. Use the Insert / Menu List option from the main menu to insert a picker in the form. You will use the Inspector (while that item is selected) to add name/value pairs to the menu. On the Name side, use the human-readable name for the person or account that the message should be sent to. On the Value side, enter the real e-mail address for each name. Then, in the Actions palette (while the page or form is selected – depends on how you set up that Action) you should see that menu as one of the options for ‘Use Item for sender’s name’. When that choice is connected, your users will be able to select the “to” address from the form.

Walter

On Feb 27, 2018, at 10:14 AM, Tony email@hidden wrote:

Freeway Pro 7, Send Form Action

In particular in:

Send form Action > Use Item for senders name

The address fields for text, phone number, email etc are not showing. What is showing are other items that have a drop down menu.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 16.09.30.png

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Walter

Thank you for your reply.

“If you want to provide a set of recipient options to the Send Form Action…” No I don’t want to do this.

In the actions pallet Send Form I need the action to insert the senders name into the field when the person clicks on send.

ie Use item for sender name 1
ie Use item for sender name 2

However the correct fields are missing form th edilogh box.

None of the text boxes are showing.

Only the drop down menus are showing but I dont need any of these here.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

These are for the senders details.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Check to see what you named each field in the form, also check to ensure they are actual input type=text form items and not textarea form items. You should be able to select those.

Next thing to check is how you applied the Action to the page. Did you do this at the Page / Actions level, or the Item / Actions level. If the latter, then your text fields may not be within the form, but rather outside it in the HTML source order. Freeway should provide a single form per page, but you may have circumvented that in your design using another Action to separate the form from the page. If you have done that, then realize that just because two things appear to be one within another visually, does not guarantee that they are nested in HTML source order when the page is exported to HTML.

Walter

On Feb 27, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Tony email@hidden wrote:

Hi Walter

Thank you for your reply.

“If you want to provide a set of recipient options to the Send Form Action…” No I don’t want to do this.

In the actions pallet Send Form I need the action to insert the senders name into the field when the person clicks on send.

ie Use item for sender name 1
ie Use item for sender name 2

However the correct fields are missing form th edilogh box.

None of the text boxes are showing.

Only the drop down menus are showing but I dont need any of these here.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thnak you Walter for the clarifiction.

It looks like I was doing it correctly all along. After carefully checking the form that is sent back to me it turns out that the form does look different to what the previosue form looked like when using PHP on Freeway 5.5. I’ve Just updgraded to Freeway 7.

However everying that I need on the page is there.

Thank you agian for your help and support.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

hello All

I asked a similar question before but no success so far, Can Carousel2 be used in an https site? So far I can’t get this work when the site is secure. Any suggestions?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Please ignor the last post on this forum. I’ve posted this as a new topic.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden