[Pro] FWP 7.1.4 in VMWare Fusion Mojave

The website I’m trying to open in VMW has two Google fonts in it and Freeway wants to replace those with Times. The font dialog that Freeway brings up does not have those fonts in it. How do I replace them?
Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Download the Google fonts you have used and put them in your fonts folder within the virtual machine. That way Freeway should recognise them after re-starting.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for the help. I’m using shared folders to the host hard disk. The Font folder is in there with the Google fonts in it but when I go to the Applications folder in my shared folder, there is no Font folder there. Should I put the folder in there or is there a separate folder in the virtual machine where it needs to go, and how do I get to it. I’m very new with VMare. Thanks again.

Love and blessings,
Jacob

On Jan 9, 2020, at 10:47 AM, Gordon Low email@hidden wrote:

Download the Google fonts you have used and put them in your fonts folder within the virtual machine. That way Freeway should recognise them after re-starting.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

There are three locations for the font folders on a Mac:

System > Library > Fonts
Library > Fonts
Users > Library > Fonts

You should only change or add fonts to the last two, consider the first one ‘locked’.

In the case of a virtual machine this adds three more fonts folders into the mix - as above but inside the virtual machine. I would start by opening the version of Font Book which is inside the Applications folder inside the running virtual machine and looking at what fonts it shows. If your Google fonts are there then Freeway should find them; if not you can add then via Font Book or copy them into either of the two folders which are inside your virtual machine. It may be that fonts in shared folders in a virtual machine don’t work. It’s not something I’ve tried. Freeway won’t recognise any changes to font folders without quitting and relaunching.

Hope this helps.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks again for the help.

Love and blessings,
Jacob

On Jan 10, 2020, at 10:49 AM, Gordon Low email@hidden wrote:

There are three locations for the font folders on a Mac:

System > Library > Fonts
Library > Fonts
Users > Library > Fonts

You should only change or add fonts to the last two, consider the first one ‘locked’.

In the case of a virtual machine this adds three more fonts folders into the mix - as above but inside the virtual machine. I would start by opening the version of Font Book which is inside the Applications folder inside the running virtual machine and looking at what fonts it shows. If your Google fonts are there then Freeway should find them; if not you can add then via Font Book or copy them into either of the two folders which are inside your virtual machine. It may be that fonts in shared folders in a virtual machine don’t work. It’s not something I’ve tried. Freeway won’t recognise any changes to font folders without quitting and relaunching.

Hope this helps.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options