[Pro] Google Maps Action 2.1.3

I’m trying to add a Google Map to this page, and it’s not visible after uploading. bet007(中国)官方网站 The developer menu on that page shows a few errors, but I’m not sure how to clear them.

I am thinking I may have an API problem. I enabled the “Google Static Maps API” through the Google Developers Console. But I can’t remember what I’m supposed to do next. I’m only hosting the site on my server temporarily. Do I need to tell Google the url of the website? If so, what do I need to do after I move the site over to my client’s domain?

Thanks for your help! It seems Google keeps changing the process and I can’t keep it straight in my head!

Doty

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There are a few things going on there

1 - SensorNotRequired Warning
The sensor parameter is no longer required for the Google Maps JavaScript API. It won’t prevent the Google Maps JavaScript API from working correctly, but we recommend that you remove the sensor parameter from the script element.

Try this on an otherwise blank page ie no jQuery Sticky stuff - just your FW menu and the Map stuff

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I think I did what you requested on this page. Still no map. The SensorNotRequired error is still appearing.

Do I need to put something in the API Key (v3) area? I attached my action menu so you can see. This is where I ran into questions about ultimately moving the site to a different domain and how to authenticate Google in the meantime.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Still no map

And without the Marker?

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

David, I assume you mean the google marker. I took it off and you can see the result here: bet007(中国)官方网站

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Looking at the code I can see there’s a carriage return after the text "2530 Colorado Ave, Suite 2A”. If you need carriage returns in your markers then you need to use the Google Maps Marker Action.

Can you clear the text completely and see if that works? Place the text cursor in the Marker Text field, hit Command+A and then hit delete.

Cheers,
Joe

On 7 Mar 2016, at 15:03, Doty email@hidden wrote:

David, I assume you mean the google marker. I took it off and you can see the result here: http://dotyshepard.com/clients/mmhc/admin/maptest2.html

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Joe,

Thanks for weighing in. I deleted all the text in the Marker area and it didn’t change anything. But that got me to thinking. I deleted the address too and then I got this nifty gray box.

Progress, but not helpful. I then switched over to “advanced” address entry (instead of simple) and after finding the appropriate lat & long coordinates I got this result. Presto!

I never did find the extraneous carriage return you discovered in the code. Strange.

Thanks everyone!

Doty

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Glad you got it working!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Is this a bug? Moving forward do I always need to use latitude & longitude coordinates instead of an address?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

We’ve had no other problems reported as far as I know.

Joe

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden