[Pro] Google Maps

I have a client that has recently changed their URL. I uploaded their site to the new URL but now the Google Map action is no longer working. I appreciate that this is because the API was set up for their old URL (and for a time Google didn’t require an API) but although I have jumped through the hoops and acquired a new API Key, it still won’t resolve - there should be a google map on the right hand side of the “Welcome” page; below the telephone number.

On the Freeway preview this shows up as a greyed out map with part of a pop-up box over it saying something like "This page can…GoogleMap…correctly. Do you own this website? "
Non of this is visible in a browser.

The Google Map action mentions a V3 API Key - has this been superseded? Has the Action been updated since 2012/13?

Any help greatly appreciated.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Okay, found out a bit more from a search.
Am I correct in thinking that this will only work if I sign up for Google to be able to charge me if my client goes over a certain number of page views? Is there no “free” option any more?

For my clients website, I can’t see it ever even approaching a large number of views per day but I’d be uncomfortable trying to “negotiate” with Google if I got an erroneous bill.

Unless there is an easy way to restore some limited Google Map functionality I think I’ll just go with a static jpeg of the locality.

Thanks

XG

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

XG
You are correct based on my experience. I just put in a map pic to show location.
John

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

John

Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping I’d missed an easy way around this to restore the functionality I used to have but a static image will do for this site.

XG

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I had the same problem and eventually solved it by going to Google maps and searching for the desired location. In the side panel open Menu and click ‘Share or embed map’ > ‘Embed a map’ > ‘COPY HTML’.

In Freeway insert a Markup Item in the desired place on the page and paste the code into it. The dimensions can be adjusted in the code.

At the moment this seems to work without an API key.

Tony

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden