[Pro] Height breaking div Freeway 7.1

Does anyone know of any bug pertaining to div height breaking if it is flexible when there is content inside?
I’ve had to set the overflow to auto in extended to fix this. Why?

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Can we see an example? Breaking in what way, not increasing with content?

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I don’t have it uploaded to a server yet. Yes breaking not increasing with content.
Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I don’t have it uploaded to a server yet.

Then fling up a test page and we can have a look.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Well it stopped doing it. I don’t know why. It seems by uploading the site fixed it.
You can have a look see.
The website examples “wrap div” which as the dark blue background does not have the extended overflow auto.

The Identity and Communication examples do.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Well it stopped doing it. I don’t know why. It seems by uploading the site fixed it. You can have a look see.

If I knew where to look and if the problem still existed.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

The usual case for content spilling out of a div is that the content item(s) are floated, and the container has overflow set to visible. Ironically, setting the overflow to hidden causes the floated content to appear correctly. That’s because floated content items are considered “outside the flow” layout-wise. Their dimensions are not considered when calculating the dimensions of their parent(s). When you set overflow hidden on the parent, the browser is forced to dig deeper and consider that content.

Another way to clear a float is with an element following the floated item that is set to clear-both, but this is not ideal because that element has no intrinsic meaning of its own (so why should it be there?), and so there are a whole host of other tricks to avoid inserting non-content items in the page. Finally, you can float the parent, which will also cause its children to be considered when calculating its dimensions.

Finally, check to see if you have given the parent element a height value – if it contains variable content (or even just text of any kind, which the visitor can zoom) – then you must leave its height at Flexible, so it will adjust to different font sizes or simply browser defaults.

Walter

On Jan 27, 2016, at 8:00 PM, billy kimmel email@hidden wrote:

Well it stopped doing it. I don’t know why. It seems by uploading the site fixed it.
You can have a look see.
The website examples “wrap div” which as the dark blue background does not have the extended overflow auto.

The Identity and Communication examples do.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you for that Walter. This site was based on one of the templates and many of the Floats and Clears and height settings were already there. However, when one starts to manipulate the content and adding new divs etc. things can get messed up and really hard trace the steps back to the cause.

Very helpful information.

Billy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden